Reelfoot Lake Osprey nest.

Reelfoot Biologist

Senior Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
A very unique bird. They out fish most fishermen.
20220606_122902.jpg

bluemarlin08

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
At Captiva island a few years ago and osprey would perch in a tree always with a fish.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
See alot of them on cell towers as i drive by

trck drvr

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We once had a eagle pickup a downed duck off the water while hunting at the Black Jack Pocket blind.
The big eagle flew a couple hundred yards away and ate our duck while we watched.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We once had a eagle pickup a downed duck off the water while hunting at the Black Jack Pocket blind.
The big eagle flew a couple hundred yards away and ate our duck while we watched.
My place is south of Reelfoot, and eagles getting one of our ducks is almost a daily thing by January. Pretty neat the first few times.

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was freelancing on a slough off the Miss. I'd gotten all set up well before light. As it got light, I counted 7 eagles within 150 yds. I ran the boat up and down the slough, hoping they'd take off. No go. I tried a couple of more times to no avail. I finally picked up my spread and went home. As I was picking up, I swear I hear Sam Elliot's voice say, "Duck. It's what's for breakfast."

mister gadwall

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I see both eagles and ospreys about every day I fish in TN. And Ky. and their nests. I floated within ten feet of an osprey the other day. Standing on a rock next to the river. I could not believe it sat there at that distance. Finally lifted up in to tree after I was beyond it.