Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Reelfoot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by Small Bore Hunter, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Small Bore Hunter

Small Bore Hunter New Member

Anyone have any comments about the computer draw at Reelfoot, Gooch or Tigrett. At Reelfoot the number applied more than doubled than what has been showing up in person. I feel it should go back to the drawing in person.

2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

That ship has sailed. You not see a hand draw again.

3. J.SCOTT

J.SCOTT Senior Refuge Member

Agreed.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I'd love to see the breakdown of any change in long distance applicants and how that impacts blind maintenance. There are still potential pitfalls in the computer drawing which could cause serious consideration to go back to in-person.

For instance, if a dude from Chattanooga drew a Tigrett blind where two boats are required, the odds of his even brushing it when he realizes the effort required is far less than were it someone from closer.

5. Small Bore Hunter

They are trying to stop selling draw blinds. I talked to a guide Sunday and they used 60 numbers in the drawing and already knew they got two blinds and have not talked to rest of their parties. They got their returning hunters for this season to let them use their TWRA numbers in the draw. The had already leased these two blinds out because I asked. My brother went in with a group of 50 plus at Tigrett and that group got four blinds with only one good one. It's hard for TWRA to out smart these old serious duck hunters. I will be writing the commissioners before next season gets here. When they tried this several years ago I wrote each and every one of them complaining.

6. bill cooksey

I have a couple of friends in that 4 blinds at Tigrett group. 10 of us from my club put in for Tigrett. None of us have attended the in person drawing in years as, since we have no intention of "buying" one, our odds of getting a decent blind are horrible and not worth giving up a day. Computer drawing was a no brainer. We would take whatever time is needed to get a blind and hole ready, but we agreed on which blinds we felt were worth the time and only applied for those.

7. Small Bore Hunter

The last five years I have been hunting in MO and did not attend the blind openings anywhere. When backwater got out I went toward the river and boat hunted of which is my favorite way to hunt. The wife and I last year bought a place on Reelfoot and thought a blind would be nice since I have two grand children that like to go. My step son helps an outfitter guide during duck season and I have supplied building material (we are in the construction business) for them over the last few years so I get invited to hunt with them several time a year if they are not booked up. My son & I also hunted AR and LA last years and planning for Texas teal hunt this year and back to AR in December and Beaver Dam in January so I have a fair season set up. I still like the in person draw but computer is better than the hot weather on draw day.

8. bill cooksey

You definitely have a hell of a season set up. Say hello to Mike and Lamar at Beaver Dam.