Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Refuge hunt

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by joshblack, Sep 25, 2018.

1. SCTC

SCTC Elite Refuge Member

Hey, hey, Tim, get it right. I was an internet scouter. Big difference there so that makes me a never was. Were kind of crapping on Josh's post so I apologize for that.

CurrencyTrader likes this.
  2. CurrencyTrader

CurrencyTrader Senior Refuge Member

Yep, but every post gets crapped on........I am up for a summer get together....fishing shooting campfires good weather...I already take out multiple people every year to hunts I lead on......

3. joshblack

joshblack Senior Refuge Member

It’s all good guys. I usually stay pretty busy hunting during the winter but there are a couple guys on here I wouldn’t mind meeting was my only thought. That and when abel was putting on, atleast I think that was who was doing it after Ben it always seemed to be a hit. Never a bad thing meeting new people and having more connections

4. SCTC

SCTC Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely. No issues with the way Ben did the hunts. Private ground = no impacts to other public land hunters. Just the way my brain works, when it actually works.

5. CurrencyTrader

CurrencyTrader Senior Refuge Member

There was a summer get together years ago that eburgducker put on...it was a big success..so many more things to do when it stays light later and people are comfortable weather wise...Josh, I would be glad to hook up with you this year if you would like....my spot or yours...my only condition is.....you will never ever see me in your spot, and I expect the same courtesy down the road......if not, I will slash your tires and key your rig..... ;)

6. T.T.

T.T. Elite Refuge Member

Like NWRINGNECK, I am a bit of a loner and although I've been fortunate to meet and even hunt and fish with a few of you; the "Let's Do Group" in a hunt just doesn't appeal to me.

Yes, Sean please come back and post again and often. Your photos and write ups along with Harliduck's posts were escapism for the "should be more serious about it" guys like me.

Tom

7. joshblack

joshblack Senior Refuge Member

Grumpy old farts

T.T. and Wareagle1 like this.
  8. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Do a diver hunt on the river. Wouldn't matter how many people and wouldn't have to worry about hiding or being quiet and still have a chance for a good hunt along with the BS session and food.

Tool_Man likes this.
  9. billwnr

billwnr Elite Refuge Member

I'd do a diver hunt on the Columbia. Sounds like something I'd like to try.

10. rdj.olympia

rdj.olympia Senior Refuge Member

Here is an idea. I used to hunt snow geese back in North Dakota and they used to have a snow goose shoot out and actually drew a big crowd. What they would do is select fields to be hunted(prescouted) and what they would do is randomly select fields for those groups that were hunting. If you had 10 groups they would select from 10 fields. Was lots of fun and had prizes for the winning team. Not sure if that would be possible out here. It was a blast as the whole town was behind it and a dinner at the end of the day. The funny thing is when they first came up with the idea they were worried about a huge slaughter of snow geese because guides/hunters would come from around the midwest for the hunt. Funny thing is the snow geese never made is easy so not that big of deal and no overharvest.