Rem Arms

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of SP10s and a I reload for them. They are awesome. But I rarely shoot them.

I picked up some 12ga 3.5” factory steel loads with “almost” the same speed / payload on a Walmart clearance sale years ago. Lately, I find myself hunting with “lighter faster” shells rather than “bigger” ones. And this “almost” as good ammo is half the price.

I never hunt with the big 10 on guided hunts. Don’t want clients thinking I outgunned them. Also need the versatilely of swapping ammo.

I’m debating divesting my 10ga stuff to move to heavier than lead stuff.
Same here as I have 3 extra barrels for the SP10 and have went back and forth on divesting it and keeping the BPS10 or going the other way.

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Same here as I have 3 extra barrels for the SP10 and have went back and forth on divesting it and keeping the BPS10 or going the other way.
BPS10, Yikes that gives me headache even thinking about it. I have shot a Lite Gold 10 as that was more of a big push as opposed to harsh recoil like a 3.5" 1500fps 1 1/2 oz load in a 12.

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Big difference in recoil from a close to 10 lb. 10 gauge & shooting 3.5" shells thru a 7.5 lb. pump or even inertia auto. 10 is gentler on you because of added weight.
3.5” 1 3/8 oz out of a 8lb gasser Versamax isn’t too bad. But recoil in general from the VM is considerably less than any auto made today.