RemArms Field master 870

CanardNoir

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Impossible, like a bunch of old women. Remember when GHG had paint problems?

I sure as hell do. I got to talk to the folks who couldn’t be satisfied by customer service offering to replace.

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The barrel can handle the shell, not the standard receiver. I bet the standard receiver’s action and ejection port are too short. Probably cheaper somehow.
The model 870SM (Wingmaster or Expess) has the same receiver as the 3” models. The SM difference is in the bolt and how it functions.

Glades Ranger

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have Turkish (Winchester), Italian (Benelli), Japanese (Browning) scattergun s of good quality, including U.S. (Rem) ones. I am in no rush on the Fieldmaster, and will let field use and sort out any issues, much like any new prospective motor vehicle. Like others have stated, a 20 gauge model is also highly attractive.

Reactions: JP

SkolMNDuckHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have Turkish (Winchester), Italian (Benelli), Japanese (Browning) scattergun s of good quality, including U.S. (Rem) ones. I am in no rush on the Fieldmaster, and will let field use and sort out any issues, much like any new prospective motor vehicle. Like others have stated, a 20 gauge model is also highly attractive.
Lol as if the 870 is a new model that needs testing. They changed the wood and the finish.