Remington disappointment.

metalworx

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I only ever had minor issues with my 2nd supermagnum, which was a Remington replacement for my first supermagnum that broke parts on a very regular basis. Night and day difference between the two. Really hated to retire mine but decided it was probably best that I did

Small Bore Hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
by sounds of what most of you said I’ll probably sell it as a parts gun and recoup my money. I only bought it for $250 since it was 50% off but I thought it would at least make it a season. I have an 870 super magnum I’ve used for 20 plus years without a hiccup. Quality has definitely declined over the years. Any recommendations for a semi 20 ga for my 9 year old daughter? Light on weight and recoil is a must. Looking at the most of 1k to spend.
Franchi you will not regret it.

Small Bore Hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have always been a browning man but had to go with Beretta since Browning does not make a 28. I am looking at the new Benelli SBE III in28 for a 3” gun. It would be hard for me to return to anything larger than 28. My son gave a a Browning A5 in 20 gauge last year and that would be my next choice if 28 shells become unavailable.

Small Bore Hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
An A400 in 20 gauge would bust his budget. I may reget Benelli 28 over the Beretta 28 but I will have them both. Trade off the lessor of two evils.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No no no…… I have two, one from ‘87 and one from ‘89 and they are both awesome guns.
Most of the bad ones I hear or were of late 90's to about 2010. Along with the notorious 870 express.