remington v3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by cam, Nov 19, 2019.

1. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

anyone shoot the Remington pro waterfowler gun v3 and versa iv got several of the older ones just wondering about the new waterfowl version . ?????? thanks cm

2. illinichillin

illinichillin New Member

I got the V3 Waterfowl Pro this summer. Have put about 400 target rounds through it and 50 high-brass pheasant loads. Not a single hiccup. I love the way the gun points. I will be using it this waterfowl season with 3 inch shells. Looking forward to it.

Fowler267, hunting1 and cam like this.
  3. mike-sid

mike-sid New Member

I love mine, shot about 10 rounds of skeet, and a half dozen duck hunts so far. It handles well and come up nice. The gun fits me well, it's a keeper.
    I say get one.

4. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Bought my daughter the V3 and had blowback issues from day one. After a month sent it to Remington and they replaced the barrel and a couple of other parts and it shoots great now. Vey quick turnaround 3 weeks. She shot most of the trap season with it and has killed several ducks during the early season. It is more of a pain to clean and put back together compared to all my other brownings but she likes it so we kept it

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

If the V3 WP came in a 26" barreled version, I'd have one.

6. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

don't like your blind buddys . or maybe they have good ear protection

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Or, maybe they should be wearing it ANYTIME they hunt.
    [​IMG]

Exposure to noise greater than 140 dB can permanently damage hearing. Almost all firearms create noise that is over the 140-dB level. A small .22-caliber rifle can produce noise around 140 dB, while big-bore rifles and pistols can produce sound over 175 dB. Firing guns in a place where sounds can reverberate, or bounce off walls and other structures, can make noises louder and increase the risk of hearing loss. Also, adding muzzle brakes or other modifications can make the firearm louder. People who do not wear hearing protection while shooting can suffer a severe hearing loss with as little as one shot, if the conditions are right. Audiologists see this often, especially during hunting season when hunters and bystanders may be exposed to rapid fire from big-bore rifles, shotguns, or pistols.
    https://www.asha.org/public/hearing/Recreational-Firearm-Noise-Exposure/

You will notice, the warnings say nothing about a 2" reduction in barrel length. As I recall from past discussion, you save 5db by shooting a longer barrel. It IS true the DB measurement is not linear, but exponential.

So, everyone in your group should be using adequate hearing protection, and we can forget about how short our barrels are.

BTW, that guy shooting his 28" Citori is actually shooting a barrel that is 3" shorter than the guy shooting the 26" V3, yet no one cares about that.

ronaldo, Squaller and Tuleman like this.
  8. Tuleman

I don't hunt out of multi-person blinds.
    Even if I did, I try not to point my gun towards my partners.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  9. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

I hunt 10 plus at times . and not everyones like you on pointing wish they were.

10. Tuleman

How the heck can you tell who shoots which duck??? Or do you group-bag?