Remington V3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Bottomland hunter, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:36 AM.

1. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

2. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Senior Refuge Member

DU event V3 and original Wingmaster Magnum. Like them both.

3. Bottomland hunter

They feel like a part of your body when you mount them .

4. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

I dont have a ton of rounds thru my V3 yet, but so far it's been reliable. Only complaint I have is it seems to be a bit "gassier" than the Versa Max I own. I'm a natural lefty, so experience a bit more blow back acrossed my face than what I'm use to with my trio of lefty Benellis. Having been praised highly by goosenazi (someone's opinion I trust on guns and their need to fire in the worst of conditions) I decided to give one a go when our local Gander had them at $530. Put an extension tube on it and my plan right now is to use it mainly for 3 gun and possibly as a backup for ducks.

5. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Jake. I also shoot lefty and only notice the gas with low brass loads. Never had a problem with hunting loads.

OP it’s a great gun. Having the recoil spring in the receiver is nice as it’s easier to keep clean. If you buy one, read the manual or watch a video in dis/reassembly. It’s easy, but there’s a few quarks that’ll make you scratch your head for a hot minute if you try to figure it out yourself. I already own two of them.

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

No spring in the stock is a big deal for duck hunters. That's an Achilles heel for a lot of otherwise durable shotguns.

7. Bottomland hunter

I’ve owned two of them , but thought I wanted a Versa Max both times , but now I remember why I got the V3 to start with . I hunted my V3 in 5 degrees below zero and it performed flawlessly .

8. Bottomland hunter

I’m going to buy a 26 in one and put a compact stock on it for duck huntin . As far as the blow back I never had that with my two I’d send it in to get it figured out or check to make sure my ports was clean . This could cause excessive pressure to blow through one port which will cause more debris to come out of a port since it’s not evenly bleeding off .

9. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

I have 2 synthetics. One 28” and the other 26”. The 26” barrel has a non vented block with gas tubes and the 28” has the older vented block with plugs. I much prefer the balance of the gun with the 26” barrel.

10. Bottomland hunter

Yea , not having to break down the stock to clean the buffer tube after every hunt is handie !

Billy Bob likes this.