Remington V3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Bottomland hunter, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

It was a safety concern so it wasn't overkill. I didn't want some poor sap having it blow up on him when I was the person it was sold to. I have a friend that works at a landfill and he says workers scavenge things.

Now because of eye problems and retina damage I'm shooting a Remington 1100 .410. and if I get good news at my next check up I will hopefully get to shoot my 1100 16 gauge.

JP likes this.
  2. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

The 1100 is probably the only gun on the face of the earth no body can out do ! Well the wing master

3. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Where do gas guns vent the gas? Either you’d have problems with the spring getting gummed up or the forearm would be too large for the average population.

4. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

Most of them vent gas down below the forearm up by the barrel band/barrel nut and some out the sides of the forearm (Win SX3 and 4) so most all of those designs keep the exhaust away from the spring. Current Beretta A400's, A350's, Franchi semiauto's (inertia) and several of the Turkey manufactured semi's all have the return springs around the mag tube. They dont seem to have a problem with overly bulky forearms, especially the Franchi's.

goosenazi likes this.
  5. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

I was unaware of any gas guns with that set up. If they didn’t have a front safety, I’d own an A400. I’ve heard good things, but I also hate the feel of the recoil from the kickoff system.

6. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

That wasn't the case. I did a fail test the first season I had it, 17 boxes before I had to clean it. The forearm was average size. It wasn't fat like a Mossberg 935 (I owned both at that time) but it wasn't thin like a Nellie either.

7. Bottomland hunter

Bottomland hunter Senior Refuge Member

The Versa Max expels has from around the fore grip instead of gas vents like the V3.

8. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

:scratch One of the least reliable hunting guns I’ve ever seen.

mudhen likes this.
  9. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Says someone that doesn’t believe in cleaning shotguns.

How many million S/A Benelli shotguns have been manufactured?

In 1969, when Benelli was still in the Moped business, the 1100 was in its sixth season. How many millions have been built. As we’ll probably never know how many Benelli S/A’s have been made there is no way to accurately rate their proportional reliability and durability against the 1100.

As disclosure, I have owned Benelli shotguns since 1995 and currently have five in the safe.

10. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

The way to accurately assess their reliability is literally every single one that’s ever been in my blind has jammed. They are notorious for needing to keep replacement o-rings handy as well. Just not a great waterfowl gun in the conditions we hunt. Not sure why, but that’s first hand experience with a lot of them.

mudhen likes this.