Remington V3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Bottomland hunter, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

As far as, having to have the gun shouldered and shouldered properly, for it to cycle, I wouldn’t hunt with a gun of that nature. My old Auto 5’s, can be shot from the hip, one handed ......., and so can the 1100’s I own. As far as a reliable SA, the old Super X 1, was maybe superior to the 1100.

JFG and Billy Bob like this.
  2. Waxed Canvas

Waxed Canvas Elite Refuge Member

They shoot clean to begin with don’t they? My M2 doesn’t like the new style Black Cloud 3” Magnums. It also spit the bolt handle out while patterning which was an arduous task.

I have a son who is very rough on everything. He has a Super X3 3.5 that is now 6 years old. The Camo is coming off the receiver and the Kicks HF choke is rusted in but it has never failed. My Black Shadow bought at the same time is in better shape but it has never bobbled. They are heavy and require more attention to cleaning. They pattern well.

The light weight and ease of maintenance is why I carry the Benelli.

If you like the V3 and it works for you, be happy. In these times, having a shotgun that works is a good thing. Many gun stores are empty.

Bottomland hunter likes this.
  3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:eek::eek: Holey SH!T!!!!! That made me puke! My Guns are pristine compared to that! :l But then again my friends think I'm anal.....

Drake91 likes this.
  4. Waxed Canvas

Waxed Canvas Elite Refuge Member

Hey Bud’s Gun Shop has 26” and 28” V3’s for sale right now. Now is the time. We don’t know where we will be with the ability to buy forearms by say March of 2021 and if things get crazier, first time Gun owners will buy anything they can get their hands on. They have already bought up all the steel shot at my favorite gun store when they realized the world was not a rock candy mountain. For you morons considering voting for Biden, go the the NRA page and read the Democrat Gun Platform. They will sue gun makers into oblivion. Sound familiar?

Seaark18 and OneShotBandit like this.
  5. OneShotBandit

"They" won't/don't believe it! "They'll" reply that it was what we said when Pres. Hussein was elected.

Seaark18 and Waxed Canvas like this.
  6. Dr Duk

Dr Duk Elite Refuge Member

Well, are you?:l

7. 07AMF

07AMF Senior Refuge Member

Browning Auto 5
    Ithaca 37
    Beretta 301/2/3, 390, 391
    HK SBE

8. OneShotBandit

Maaaayyyyybe? :D

9. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

That’s the way a real hunters gun looks. Anybody that brings a pristine looking gun to a duck blind isn’t somebody I trust :yes

10. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Ah the old years of experience argument arises again. As I always tell people 50 years of ignorance or doing something The wrong way is no better than a newbie. I’ll take my 25 years of experiences in the field(12 as a guide), often times triple digit days a year, against most.

You can say “fake news” or whatever you want, but I know exactly what I’ve seen after countless days in the field.

07AMF likes this.