Resizing issues with Mec 600 Jr. converted to load 3"

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just changed my Mec 600 jr. set up for 20 gauge over to load 3" shells and have ran into an issue I can,t seem to cure. Resize / deprime die keeps sticking 3" hulls on the upstroke and will not release hull from die. Have played with deprime punch to no avail and up and down adjustments for resize die. Only empty 3" hulls i had were some Hevi-shot 3" once fired. Of course high brass and i,m assuming Chedite but not positive. Have to grasp hull rim with waterpump pliers and tap down forceably to get hull out which of course ruins rim. of hull. No rust or debris build up on resize die . Never had any issues like that when loading either high or low brass 20 gauge hulls. Anybody got any suggestions as to a cure?

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me in several gauges MEC ring resizers are notorious for sticking on high brass hulls. If you’re using the same gun the factory hulls were first fired in, then they may be able to be reloaded with the resizer removed. I hope some offer other solutions, but a lot Cheddite hulls perform poorly in MEC Jrs, especially high brass!

Jim Atlas

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've had this trouble with Remington hulls with their extra high brass. I had to fiddle around with the ram to make sure its long enough. I use the 10 ga press with a 12 ga ring on it for those hulls now.
Never tried sizing lube, but wonder if that help you out.

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Tried polishing and lubing resizer ring a bit but didn,t help. Anybody use mec supersizer on 3" 20 gauge high brass hulls with good results or is there another product out there that will deprime & resize except another complete press. And does anyone have any newer data for a Mod c universal charge bar as far as powder drop settings with Lil Gun powder. My literature that came with bar was way before lil gun was available. From what i,ve seen so far companies defunct and nothing on net far as data.

Last edited:

Billy hill

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
How many grains of Lil gun are you after. Try 4+34 on your charge bar. Should get you close to 33gr.

Last edited:

Putz463

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I remember having a similar issue w/my 10ga 600 long ago but have since gone all in on collet resizing MEC gear. How much more does the hull need to move to release from the resize ring?

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 28gauge Grabber Collet decided to go out of spec. I removed and cleaned it. Still not sizing hulls properly. I picked up a SuperSizer that can more easily change collets for any gauge. It adds an extra step in loading, but it should have plenty of life. $150 shipped From Precision Reloading, a few month back. A new collet is about $70.

Next move is to just fully replace the Grabber with Something new.

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 28gauge Grabber Collet decided to go out of spec. I removed and cleaned it. Still not sizing hulls properly. I picked up a SuperSizer that can more easily change collets for any gauge. It adds an extra step in loading, but it should have plenty of life. $150 shipped From Precision Reloading, a few month back. A new collet is about $70.

Next move is to just fully replace the Grabber with Something new.
Any issues with Supersizer on 3" 20 gauge hulls? I had seen percision reloading had best price.