Resizing issues with Mec 600 Jr. converted to load 3"

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How many grains of Lil gun are you after. Try 4+34 on your charge bar. Should get you close to 33gr.
Thanks for the info . Looking in Mecs bushing chart now and see they only go as high as 28.1 grns in their data sheets. Do you have a cheat sheet for Lil Gun for universal bar?

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me in several gauges MEC ring resizers are notorious for sticking on high brass hulls. If you’re using the same gun the factory hulls were first fired in, then they may be able to be reloaded with the resizer removed. I hope some offer other solutions, but a lot Cheddite hulls perform poorly in MEC Jrs, especially high brass!
Have you seen any issues with Mec Supersizer on high brass hulls particularly cheddites?

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Any issues with Supersizer on 3" 20 gauge hulls? I had seen percision reloading had best price.
So far I’ve only sized 28gauge with the asupersizer.

I have collets on my .410 and 12gauge 9000’s, taller brass on some 12gauge (Cheddite, rio) gets hung up, so I size it twice and rotate it in the collet. It probably doesn’t make a huge difference, but I can measure with calipers later today. The ones I’ve resized have all loaded, cycled, and shot in OU’s - semi autos.

The majority of my guns have polished and reamed chambers and linger forcing cones. That usually helps with feeding and cycling as well.

Diggity

Senior Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
I had the same problem with high brass remington so I don't us them

Billy hill

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
No cheat sheet on the Lil gun with mec chart. I do a mathematical ratio that gets starting point really close and then verify with a good scale.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 28gauge Grabber Collet decided to go out of spec. I removed and cleaned it. Still not sizing hulls properly. I picked up a SuperSizer that can more easily change collets for any gauge. It adds an extra step in loading, but it should have plenty of life. $150 shipped From Precision Reloading, a few month back. A new collet is about $70.

Next move is to just fully replace the Grabber with Something new.

Having Collet's in 10 , 12 , and 20 ga makes resizing a breeze , Plus , Mec 9000's in 12 and 28 with a Grabber in 20 ga all with collet sizers !

Attachments

• IMG_0100 (2).JPG
    IMG_0100 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Putz463

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Guessing you've adjusted the pushout/primer punch head and the pushout cam as far down as possible....could adding a washer or 2 with some tape or RTV or silicone or the like to the primer/pushout punch give you the little extra length/push to get the brass washed steel head out of the resizer ring?

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I measured and sizes some tall brass Cheddites and Rios and compared them to a Once or twice fired Federal Gold Medal Grands, and some factory, unfired Boss Cheddite rounds.

Once fired Cheddite (tall brass) measured 0.818” and sized down to 0.807”, gold medals (shorter brass) measured 0.807” and sized down to 0.806”, unfired boss hulls (short brass, nickel plated) measured at 0.804”. Those were all done on a Mec Grabber with a Collet.

duckbuster5901

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Supersizer on order. Along with some other snafus today these gonna be some expensive shells. Sure hope they pan out. Universal charge bar wouldn,t throw consistent enough drops so went back to bushings in bar. My #28 throws perfect 33 grns. of Lil Gun . Now to find a lead bar that gets me 1 1/8 oz. of Bismuth. Lead 1 1/8 oz. bar came up light. Got a 1 1/4 oz. on order.