Revisit your old friendships. One of the best investments of time, you can make.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mallard Machete, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

I have started going back and touching base with people I haven't spoken with in 10 to 15 years. The time has flown by. Now I guess I need to go ahead and reach out to people from way back; say 20 to 30 years? Why the heck not?

I encourage everyone to do the same.

2. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I got drug to my 30 yr class reunion a few months ago, drag'in my feet the whole way.
    I hate to admit it I actually had a great time connecting with old friends that I haven't seen since school, it was pretty cool really.
    I strongly recommend going to them if you're a single guy, I could've connected with a few old flames that were single.:yes:tu

WHUP ! Hen and Fowler267 like this.
  3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

4. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Nothing wrong with new friends, but you can sure have some belly chuckles with buddies from the past. Several years ago, I got in contact with a few old Marine friends, after 50 years, man am I glad I did. Lots of old memories...some good, some not so good. Sharing both has been good for my state of mind.
    Sadly, with the demise of landlines, it's often hard to find phone/addresses for long lost friends w/o doing a paid search.

Rebranger, hunting1 and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I recently reconnected with a couple of folks I worked with over 40 years ago. We worked at a summer camp for under-priveleged inner-city kids. The work was important, we were in college and had our whole lives ahead of us. We even made a road trip out west at the end of the second summer we worked together. We lost touch within 10 years and hadn't spoken since. I looked them up...not easy to do. One of them had a very common name. It was great to talk to both of them. We've all put together lives including marriages, kids and for them, divorce. I will keep in touch and I am including them in my travel plans.

okie drake likes this.
  6. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Not into reunions, I keep up with the people I want to keep up with. But the advice is solid. Make the effort. Best friend I've ever had, known him since middle school, never lost contact but we both let things not be right for several years. Efforts have been made recently to rectify that and I couldn't be more thankful. Can't make up for the time lost but can make it right going forward.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. Juan De

Juan De Senior Refuge Member

I had lost touch with a friend of mine, and after about 5 years I bumped back into him and he got me hooked on duck hunting. It worked out great and have killed many different species because of it.

da fowl slayer likes this.
  8. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

I hooked up with old girl friend at a class reunion. Epic. Still giddy.

9. da fowl slayer

da fowl slayer Elite Refuge Member

A guy I just became friends w over the last two months and have attended 3 football games w passed away last night at 39 w a heart attack
    Left two beautiful children one who is a special needs child

don’t wait
    We are all on borrowed time

10. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

Aw man, that's awful. So sad.