Rifle Possession Question

Discussion in 'New York Flyway Forum' started by Montauker, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I think that the answer to both of these questions is no, but if you have additional insight or information or links to better informational sites I would appreciate.

I have a .22 Ruger 10/22, no pistol grip, folding stock or "grenade launcher" but it has a threaded barrel. I assume I can not bring this to NY, I have a 10rd and 25rd mag for it.

I have a NFA registered suppressor for it, I also assume that needs to stay home.

The firearm would only be shot at a registered rifle range.

2. TheCanMan

TheCanMan Senior Refuge Member

Threaded barrel and removable mag together, in a semi auto rifle are 2 evils and a no go in NY. Couldn’t have a threaded barrel in NY even before the SAFE Act. You can pin and weld the barrel and you are good to go.

3. TheCanMan

No suppressors allowed in NY. CT is ok, I’ve got friends that run suppressors there, but not allowed to possess them in NY.

4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

5. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

i think all the pistol stock muzzle flash hider, removable magazine evils things, deal with center fire rifles only?..if thats not correct someone tell me.

6. TheCanMan

Not allowed a pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun. There are SAFE Act restrictions which apply to shotguns.

7. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

There are definitions for "assault weapons" for rifles, pistols and shotguns. It's not just center fire either, rimfire fall into the same definition. The only exemption rimfire get are attached tubular ammunition feeding devices do not count as large capacity magazines if they hold more than 10 rounds.