RM .410

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Trevor Shannahan, May 7, 2020.

1. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

Graphics or text are unnecessary . When you have a classic design like RMC or RNT or whatever, let the smooth lines and shape speak for themselves.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

I agree, but, you can't deny a good/ great sounding call. Wrap electrical tape over it and get over it....:tu

pluffmud and buck_master_2001 like this.
  3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I tend to agree. I just can’t get on the boss bandwagon. Espeically after swallowing my pride and shooting it half of last season. Maybe if you can’t decoy birds or are pass shooting but under 30 yards? Makes no difference. Add in the arrogant annoying fan boys? And I just can’t do it.

Trevor Shannahan likes this.
  4. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Have yet to shoot a Boss shotshell and have no plans to do so even if given sone,but sure do like that .410 call.

5. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

^same. Although if someone gave me some, I'd shoot the hell out of them. Hate the color, hate the engraving, really really like the call and glad I got one. Everytime I pick it up I'm more impressed with it. It's just a fun call to run.

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

If anything I've read, or heard, on this thread would break me over to give one a go, that would be it.

But I'm a sucker: have even been running some 16ga Boss shells through my Model 12. And agree with buck-master's assessment of them. If they're any different than steel at the ranges I've shot them, I've missed it so far. But at least I've not noticed the fragmenting I saw years back when I sampled the Bismuth Cartridge Company's stuff...

7. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Rick, I know you've not had the best luck with RM's in the past but I gotta say, this little guy is different than any RM I've ever owned. A gnats fart could break this thing over, but at the same time I think even Jimbo would find it difficult to squeal out on top. Awesomely easy feed chatter and more coarse duck than a Lares. Think responsiveness and naturally tuned pitch of a Microhen, with the power and top end of a Lares, without the clanky Lares feel. I can't be the only one that loves the way a Lares call sounds but absolutley hate how sore my throat gets if I'm running one for more then 5 minutes straight. And before anyone says I'm doing something wrong, it's the only call brand/model that I have that issue with. Seems like the all aluminum A2 is a little less prone to causing it but the A5, Hybrid, T1, and now Mag Hen are almost useless to me.

cupnglide and Quakbangsplash like this.
  8. Rick Hall

Like I said, jrode, I'm a sucker, so there may well be .410 in my future. 'Least for a little while...

9. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Pass, not your cup od tea 100% guarantee

Stump

10. Rick Hall

Are you saying it will change tone depending on whether the reed is above or below the toneboard like the CWF I had did?