Rockets red glare !!!

salthunter

Reaction score
Do you indulge in fireworks!!!!!!

Are you to cheap and dont spend a penny on those things?
under $100 bucks a a year? or does your budget start at thousands of dollars,,,

We can buy good ones just up the road on the Reservation:cool:

Clark

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Illegal in NC, except for sparklers-type stuff. Nothing that goes up or goes boom. Not wasting my time. I have disposed of a few expired marine meteor and parachute flares on July 4, but gotta have wet ground.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just shoot my gun(s) at TARGETs NOT up in the air! I went out & shot a 100 rd.'s at te Sporting Clays course yesterday, MAY shoot the new "trying to be banned" rifle! ;)

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We do about a 30 minute show and usally runs around $2200 this year we spent $3600 so should be longer than normal. Bunch of us pitch in as well as we do a couple pull tab books. Good stuff is illegal here but so far no issue been doing it about 15 yrs

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Being my son was born on June 30, we usually brought a group of boys to the lake for the long weekend. Tubing, swimming, fishing, running around the woods getting eaten up by ticks and chiggers and shooting fireworks was all part of the package.

Last night we went out on another couple’s pontoon to watch a show the nearby marina put on.

orangelegs73

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I hate the fireworks more and more each year. In my county they go on sale 7 days prior to the 4th. This year it seemed like things were a little quieter the first few days. I thought maybe the price hikes I'd heard about were keeping sales down. But things have been ramping up the last few nights. And it seems like the "good stuff" that used to be illegal is now much more commonplace. I know much of my increasing disdain is largely due to having a dog the last two years...and the fireworks really pizz him off But I also think a week's worth of explosives on every street in the city just takes away from the intent and meaning behind the day. It becomes more about spending hundreds to thousands o_O of dollars on one-off explosions and far less about the independence that was won for the people of our country. I would love to see celebrations be held on just July 3rd/4th and that's it. But I know that won't happen. Told my wife last night that we need to book a cottage in the middle of nowhere every week of the 4th from here on out...

Feel like I should say, "Get off my lawn!" now...