Rockets red glare !!!

ReaPeR105

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm considering braving the crowds and going to the big one the city puts over a small lake at a city park. A local church used to do a big one every year and it was much easier to get into and out of. I would definitely go if they still did it.
I was never one to spend too much on fireworks, but we did some when the kids were growing up. I was never big into it after having one blow up in my hand when I was about 8.

salthunter

Reaction score
There's a reason Soucheray refers to MN as the place where nothing is allowed...

We live in a little village in SE MN. One of the neighbors is a fireworks nut, his buddy has a pyrotechnic license. He gets the good stuff in WI. The neighborhood show will rival some city displays.

I also have a place on Gull lake in Nisswa, some of the displays on the lake are impressive....
A friend on lake Jefferson near Mankato had his pyro licence. He had the big stuff too.

Here in SE idaho.
Neighbors have a FW stand. Any leftover big stuff was shot last night

Mort

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My daughter and her family took me to River Cats game in Sacramento last night. The game wasn't so hot as the Cats lost, but the flyover and fireworks were pretty good. Grandkids had a ball. Happy 4th of July everyone and teach those youngsters what it means to celebrate this day.

20220703_213424.jpg

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The lake I live on is relatively quiet this year. Normally for the week (or more) leading up to the Fourth and the week after we have booms going off every night. Not this year. I don't know if folks are spending the money they would normally spend on pyrotechnics on gas or groceries instead. Inflation might certainly have something to do with it. We will see what happens tomorrow for the Fourth, but thus far it has been pretty tame.

We have a ressie 30 minutes away, so you can get the good stuff around here.
OK, after last night (July 3) I am prepared to correct my earlier statement. Lots of fireworks shot off docks down the lake from me. I would imagine it will be game on tonight (the 4th) despite dodging on and off rain all day. It is supposed to clear up tonight.

ripline

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Biggest bang in the UP. 50 lbs of tannerite... BOOM!!!

igo4dux75

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cool and rainy all day, but cleared up around go time. The boy got his fix and only got a small burn this year...
Roman Candles, Motars, rockets. War zone around us . Wish it wasn't a work day today.
IMG_6782.jpg

IMG956786.jpg

IMG956787.jpg