Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Roger's layout blind

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by magnumyammerhammer, Oct 2, 2020.

1. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

Anybody using the Rogers Elite XXL layout blind? Can ya tell me think about it?
    Thanks Daniel

2. redjones

redjones Elite Refuge Member

Its BIG,I bought one last year and decided that its just to hard to to hide even in corn.
    After it snowed I used it every hunt with a snow cover and it worked fine.
    Not saying it can't be used in the field but might be better in tree or fence lines.
    Don't really use the handles that are supposed to help you get in and out,they are probably very helpful for some but I don't seem to use them much.
    I'm 6' 260 and there's plenty of room,plenty of space for extra clothes and gear etc.
    I have an old FA Top Gun thats still my go to when there's no snow,but I had no issue's with the Rogers blind.

Greg

3. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

I ordered one yesterday. I'm hoping will be room for me and the dog :l
    Years ago I had a final approach pro guide XL, and comparing the specs, It sounds like the Rogers XXL and the pro guide excel or about the same size. Hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.
    Thanks for the reply

4. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'm hobbit size but hunt with giants that actually need those big blinds. One is 7 feet+ and the other is 6'10 i think. They hunted out of those when i was with them. They fit just fine.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.