Rogers Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by cam, Mar 8, 2021.

1. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

just went to see if any steel shot back in stock nothing . you think its a seasonal thing or going to be a shortage .

2. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

I would hope its a shortage and not the beginning stages of Cabelas syndrome. Other stuff wasn't in stock either when I checked.

3. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Little of both. Rogers used to always have lots of everything.
    Seasonally, a few specific loads would be out of stock.
    Now, they have a little bit of inventory, but a lot out of stock.

4. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Tons of ships at anchor in LA. Just getting past Chinese New Year. Most steel comes from China. Hopefully this summer we'll start getting raw materials back but everything from aluminum to microchips is in short supply.

Nothing Biden can't fix.

5. Guthook

Guthook Senior Refuge Member

Chinese New Year and Covid. It just takes longer to make stuff now and that part won’t change for a while. Record sales and demand at are at an all time high that just ate the forecast up. Just hope they have the 2021 forecast jacked up. Big changes in automating mfg coming/robots. Don’t expect your $10 box of 3” 1550 anymore. Hell, it’s costing $8-15k to get your container off the ship now. The new prices will inhibit hoarding for the most of us. I thought about reloading but the same shortages would effect the reloader I assume. Hopefully it will make us all better shots....

hunting1 likes this.
  6. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Elite Refuge Member

These prices, compared to what’s available for components, have made reloading a bit of a challenge, but overall will lead to cost savings on both steel and lead.

I have always searched for a the best deals and pricing and was fortunate enough to stock up in B&P Steel, Fiocchi steel, Rio Steel, and other reloading components a while back and over the years. I should be good for a while. Also, consider the cost savings in buying early or when there’s deals (usually April for target loads, and June/July/August for waterfowl) and thinking of all the Shotshells or components as commodities. If you can at those times, buy the extra case or two, or three.

The cost of everything related is going up, there still are some Companies keeping with or near their pricing from a year ago, and have inventory in stock. I’ll bet Winchester SuperX and Federal Blue Box cases to be around $110-120 for most of this year. I have also come across rebate forms for some of the companies this year as well.

hunting1 likes this.
  7. Guthook

Guthook Senior Refuge Member

That was then.........they’ll be no reason to discount or rebate. And, if so it will be on an adjusted retail. The last Fioochi’s I bought in Nov for $109 were only available in 4’s at @ $149. They’ll make a seasonal run on steel but as said, hope they jack the forecast up for pent up demand which is very hard to gauge .

8. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

Someone recently told me the Chevy dealerships around here are out of inventory, especially trucks. It’s not just shotgun shells.

9. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

Due to the ammo shortage, let's try this. I need a case of 20ga lead #8 I strongly prefer 1oz loads. I am willing to trade some ammo I have plenty of or cash but no price gouging. I have 45 acp, 223, 22 wmr, and 308 to spare.

10. cold beer

cold beer Senior Refuge Member

MO-south of where the best beer in the world is br
    Pm sent