roll crimper

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by magnumyammerhammer, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Surely you can push ITX 10 faster than Bismuth , only because it's harder , right ?
    Hog Loads ? Have you tried a 2 3/4" load in a straight-wall hull with Longshot , CLBC w/2 slits , Mylar wrap , 7/8 oz of T's (48 shot) with a OS card ?
    It's tested at 1600 fps / 10,900 PSI !

2. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

I haven't seen very many real fast bismuth loads, but some of the ITX 10 loads are nearly 1500 ft./s, though I think it patterns best around 1300-1400 fps.

Dr Swane likes this.
  3. oskar

oskar Senior Refuge Member

I shoot a very mild load under the 7/8 oz's of shot, 1150-1200 fps. It kills just fine.

4. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Senior Refuge Member

I chrono my 28gauge ITX10 reloads around 1425fps. I shot more bismuth than ITX10 this year. I’d like to make some 6’s for the .410 and 28gauge.

5. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Steel or lead?

Steel shot? That might me some good medicine to have in the boat legally during duck season.

Lead? maybe I could do that load, but use lead shot. Thinking that fast would smash the pellets and open the pattern up.

hows the recoil on this 1600 FPS load? I’ll be Shooting one handed, from a boat sliding into the bank, after jumping some hogs.

6. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

Is there much difference in your point aim at that speed? More lead, anything like that?

7. Ravenanme

This is a Steel Shot load as it was given to me with 34 grs of powder in a Ched hull w/Ched 209 , all I can say is I've shot the load with my BGH 3 1/2
    with a .025 choke ! I loaded 10 of these to have as backups on a Duck invite on private property . 3 Lessers came flying by at 40 yds , I had time to
    load them up and killed 2 of these geese . The first one shot went PUFF , turned it into a Rag , the second was quartering going away at close to 50 +
    and it also died in the air ! They grind up birds as on the first goose ALL I got was a 1/2 lb chunk of meat off each breast and a thigh . The second
    bird had 3 holes going diagonally from his right leg side clear through its body the size of a pencil !

8. Ravenanme

Do you load your Bismuth that fast ? I stay around 1300/1350 and it works just fine !

9. oskar

oskar Senior Refuge Member

Everything I load is in that range so I don't notice any difference between my Skeet/SC lead loads and my waterfowl loads. Even my coyote loads are near the same.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.
  10. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Senior Refuge Member

Bismuth in the 28is pretty consistent around 1315-1345fps. 12guage, depending on the wad and powder, varies a bit more from 1180-1415fps (Alliant steel has been a low recoil, lower velocity load, Longshot is a bit more “snappy”).

magnumyammerhammer likes this.