roll crimper

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by magnumyammerhammer, Apr 9, 2021.

1. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

Where did you find the bismuth loads with Steel powder?
    Thanks

2. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Senior Refuge Member

A few folks on here, I verified it through a few folks I know who pressure test rounds.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.
  3. Putz463

Putz463 Refuge Member

I'm a little confused never needing to study GAEP tools being completely happy w/PR tools. Might be a stupid question, but, in this thread I see pics of shells processed with the GAEP tools and am wondering; do those tools finish fold crimp on the drill press looking similar to fold crimps commonly seen on a reloading press? OR are the shells (depicted in this thread) loaded on a regular press then ran through the GAEP?

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Yes, I load my ammo both Lead and Nontox on Mec Machines , some with Mec jr's and progressives , then , I take them over to the Drill Press and run
    them through the Gaep Finishing tool , it only takes a minute or two per/box ! The consistency I get in velocity is well worth it (to me) along with the
    uniformity of each shells crimp and wad pressure ! Just saying

Attached Files:

5. Ravenanme

6. magnumyammerhammer

what does it do to them?

7. Ravenanme

The way I have experienced using it , is , with more consistent loads , shell to shell , the velocity and PSI is so close , it makes me a better shooter !
    The gap I see in leading targets of different speeds with a load that's so uniform , allows me to adjust to the conditions ! I've always tried to improve
    my reloads over factories ( 90 fps , SAAMI standards) even with hulls shot multiple times ! Just saying

8. magnumyammerhammer

Well I guess what's the point reloading if you don't try to improve your loads, especially for hunting.
    I never took any of that into consideration though I do see how they could improve the way your shells feed in pump guns and autoloaders. I like the look of those.
    What do you do? Just touch them with it?

9. magnumyammerhammer

So what does it mean when the roll crimp is too tight? Am I starting out with too much plastic above my shot card, and creating too big of a roll?

10. Ravenanme

Two things are happening when my process of reloading using the Gaep tool . First and foremost is ALL my 2 3/4" , 3" or 3 1/2" shells are the same length
    with the same Wad pressure , the other is , the crimps have the same tightness along with rounded noses for easy feeding into the guns ! The benefit is I have
    the best Looking Reloads in the marsh....and I shoot these with pride , same as the ones I load for L o n g distance targets in Games I shoot !