Run on Ammo

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by bulldogeverett, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bulldogeverett

bulldogeverett Senior Refuge Member

I want to go to the range, but I'm half afraid to shoot what I got for fear that I won't be able to get anymore. Was in BPS East Peoria today over lunch. Counterman told me this shelf was full this morning when they opened. There was 40 people lined up outside who heard they got a fresh shipment. Ridiculous!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315398.638735.jpg

2. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I went to every place I could think of within 45 minutes yesterday. Managed to find two boxes of 9mm and the only reason they were sitting there was because they're the priciest ones on the market. I talked him down enough that I took them. I'd never get to shoot the new gun otherwise.

Stopped out to American Firearms and Ammo tonight, more to check out the range setup than anything else. It was packed with people waiting their turn to get on the range. They're letting everyone shoot their own ammo cuz they don't have any either. :rolleyes:

Chris

3. BowfishNDucks

BowfishNDucks New Member

Were still getting ammo in weekly at GM. Problem is thos 40-50 guys lining up at the door are reselling it. Same people week after week literally fighting over a few boxes of ammo. Ammo is going out as it comes in, randomly, to try and discourage those trying to rip people off. Guys are going as far as hiding ammo in the store to buy it later. 5.56 and 223 is becoming less frequent but handgun is still coming in pretty steady. I don't know about BPS but we are not allowed to tell customers when anything is coming in.

4. Hairshark

Hairshark Elite Refuge Member

Not to mention the Government (obammy) is buying as much possible ammo as they can to squeeze us, the consumer. C sucker!

5. goosedown00

goosedown00 Elite Refuge Member

At a Dunhams ...I watched a salesman call a buddy from the firearms counter...he tells buddy they just got in a shipment of ammo...and that he will hide it behind the counter but his rfriend would have to hurry in if he wanted it...I spot a couple bricks of .22lr sitting on the counter...I pick up a brick...He says that it is sold...I ask to whom...He said to the guy on the phone...I say...do you mean the guy that you just called???? He gets all snotty now...I take the brick to the register...Manager was at the register...dude tells manager that I can't have the brick because someone called in and put it on hold....I explain to the manager what I saw...Manager believes me...salesman reprimanded....I'm hearing lots of similar stories...same guys buying up all the new shipments and selling it higher.....tough times....

6. Hairshark

Hairshark Elite Refuge Member

It really sucks, this whole ammo thing. I was in Scheels and Gander today, both had ZERO 5.56, .223 and 9mm. The only .22L were super expensive and very few of those left. And those guys buying and reselling should be kicked in the nuts.

7. Jerry

Jerry Elite Refuge Member

Definitely don't buy from ammo scalpers. Let 'em choke on it.

8. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

Sometimes we are our own enemy. I wish people would stop buying **** and get engaged with their elected officials so they don't have to worry about bans on the **** they're buying.

9. BUCKSHOT#4

BUCKSHOT#4 Elite Refuge Member

Ricky, I would say you were in the right place at the right time...:yes. It is ridiculous having to go through that but I am sure that is just an example and the tip of the iceberg of what is going on everywhere at the moment.

10. yankeegray

yankeegray Senior Refuge Member

This to shall pass.