Sad report,

Discussion in 'New York Flyway Forum' started by BAYDOG, Mar 4, 2014.

1. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    It is with great sadness that we have to report the loss of member Frank Pomes. Known to many of you by his nickname "Broadbill" He lost a heroic battle with cancer today. It was truly a pleasure to know him, to laugh with him. He will be greatly missed. Please say a prayer for his Wife Lorraine and his two sons, Frank Jr and Nicolas.
    A Memorial service will be held Thursday, 3/6 from 4-8 PM at Nolan's Funeral home in Northport.

2. rjbadfish

rjbadfish Moderator Moderator

I had the pleasure to meet Frank several times at waterfowl events in New England and New York. Frank always had an infectious smile and I enjoyed many laughs with him. Frank was truly a special man and I feel blessed that we were able to spend some time talking ducks and dogs. My prayers are with his family.

RIP Frank

3. Band Buster

Band Buster Elite Refuge Member

You said it Ray. We all lost a friend and the world a great person!

4. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Sad news indeed! Having been fortunate to have met Frank at our summer event, it didn't take you long to know that he was the kind of person that in a short time, his sense of humor and the way he carried himself that you were honored to have as a friend!
    You could tell he was a special person in that folks who never knew each other, when talking about dogs or hunting, would bring his name up in such a positive way that it was just amazing.

He will be missed for sure -
    God Bless Frank!

5. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

sad news for sure......condolences to his family.

bob

6. Joey Clams

Joey Clams Senior Refuge Member

Not only was Frank one of my hunting partners, He was a great personal friend to Me and my family. He was especially fond of my kids, as they were of him. He was always cheerful and fun to be around. I'm thankful for all the great memories I have of him, and it certainly won't be the same without him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Frank Lopez

Frank Lopez Elite Refuge Member

I met Frank a couple or three times at various events. He was a true gentleman and a great ambassador for waterfowling and dog training. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. RIP, Frank.

8. Whitecap2000

Whitecap2000 Elite Refuge Member

There are very few people in this world who you NEVER hear a negative comment about. Frank was one of those people. I feel extremely fortunate and honored to have known the man, and he will be deeply, deeply missed by many. RIP, my friend. You were taken much too soon... :cry:cry

9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Is there a way to get you guy's thoughts about your friend to the family? Sounds like a great guy. I remember when my friend Cory from Freeport passed, Newsday had an electronic obituary that people could post their thoughts through out the year and into a second year. Sounds like this might be a good way to celebrate a great guy's life by his friends and loved ones.

10. dragon1681

dragon1681 Elite Refuge Member

Damn Shame, met him a few times at the Delta shoots during the summer and seemed like a great guy. Prayers for family and friends.