Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Same old Same (Guntersville)

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by Athos, Dec 21, 2019.

1. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

"etc" usually means there is more ...I could mention boat ramp truck vandalism for example. Everyone should go there once, I advise you to let your buddy drive and use his equipment .

2. cholt

cholt Elite Refuge Member

Usually the only vehicles that get screwed with are the people from Ga that pull in block ramp and then get all their stuff in the boat and in hook it waders on etc. etc. see it first hand, and the good ol boys trying to launch waited til they moved after getting into it with them then took their tag off and skipped it across the water lol. It’s a good show just sit back and watch at the ramps lol.

Bclick and mister gadwall like this.
  3. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

I ve seen GVille ramps covered in roofing nails on opening day, and some back roads also "nailed". Seen windows smashed in and multiple truck with contents gone at two different ramps, and some affected were local Ala trucks. Seen guys missing a boat trailer when they came to the ramp after the hunt. Had two bags of my own decoys stolen out of a pick up at a convienence store in Scottsboro at 4 am. Im sure I can think of more. Please go and see for yourself. Im not from Ga.

4. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

Guntersville...1436...Are you serious Clark?

cholt likes this.
  5. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Off of 117 implies Raccoon Creek....in which case it’s protected and ‘mostly’ shallow. As for Big Coon or main river, you’re asking to go swimming. There are ways to navigate the BS and hunt, but if every hunter on a Saturday killed a duck, they’d probably be extinct on public water in an hour these days. I’m from there, and it hasn’t been worth the hassle for over a decade.

mister gadwall likes this.