Sandy Hook sues Remington

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by 43x, Nov 12, 2019.

1. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

No wonder Ronald McDonald’s hair is on fire and he wears those goofy pants. Asbestos lined?

2. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

So, general consensus...what is the optimum temperature to brew a regular cup of coffee?

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

There is a difference between brewing and serving.

If I remember right, brewing is between 185 and 190. That is what our espresso machine is set for, and what a Mr. Coffee brews at. That is the temp of the water coming out of the spout, before it hits the grounds. The grounds cool it off, and the pot cools it off. If I think about it, I will temp a pot this weekend, and see what the pot is at when the brewing is done.

Serving, however, is closer to 140. That is the temp most of our customers (who ask for an actual temp) want.

Sometimes, they ask for 'as hot as you can get it'. Stupid, IMO, but maybe they don't plan on drinking it right away. Or, they are used to having such lousy coffee, they try to burn their taste buds numb, before they can drink the rest. But, when they do, about 180 is as hot as I can get it (using the steam wand) before it 'blows up', as I call it. Basically, all steam. The pot boils over.

Now, coffee, (instead of a latte-milk based drink) can get hotter, probably 190-195 using the wand.

4. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

There you go...

5. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

And this is why everything has to come with a warning label. I doubt not your ability to make a great cup of joe... but dang, if McDonald’s coffee is too hot and Wendy’s coffee is too cold, and Dunkin Donuts’ is just right maybe the market will figure it out and Dunkin gets the business. Or maybe there was demand for scalding hot coffee and McDonalds fulfilled the demand, until a careless person spilled some on herself (after freely purchasing said coffee). Caveat emptor... and don’t spill hot s#!% on yourself!

Bigshot75 likes this.
  6. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately not gonna happen in the US, we are too comfortable here, live here too well and afraid to get out of our comfort zone, me including. In France, England, even in Lebanon people go on the streets to fight injustice by the government. In America only useless thugs go on the rampage to get the attention in order to get even more benefits or undeserved checks from government.

Because it feels sooo good to fight for the "right cause". And to go against everyone to fight for more rights of already privileged members of the society.
    Right, because everyone is afraid to tell what he really thinks, everyone is afraid or do not want to sound politicly incorrect. And anyway, those replays are going to be shut down by removing them from the threads by moderators how it happened 100s of times with my messages, right? It is how Dems are going to prevail, they fight for ppl rights and you and me and us, only destructive force which should be disarmed ASAP for a good measure.

callinfowl likes this.
  7. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

The whole idea of it is to bankrupt the gun industry. Even if only 10% of these lawsuits are successful, the plaintiffs will bleed the gun industry dry in litigation costs.
    This

Damian Wiening and Mean Gene like this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

This is essentially the way I heard it put the other day, and I agree.

9. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

Good luck to Remington Arms Company. I wish they could just show up in court, and give everyone the finger; but that wouldn't play well in front of a jury.

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I feel like I could walk in and represent Remington well enough to keep them from having to pay a dime, without knowing a single thing about the lawsuit. A court has allowed this to proceed... Can/could Remington come back afterwards and sue all involved for a frivolous lawsuit, I wonder?