Savage New Semi?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Mr.Bones, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Gander

Gander Elite Refuge Member

David's gun is at least 9 pounds. He opened up like 20 Gamebore shells and dumped them into the stock. That's 20 ounces. and shot it faster than I could even see the number 7 target.

2. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

After seeing him break it there I watched what he was doing and you could see a flash from the machine and against the curtain, you had to shoot the flash to shoot it that fast. I think I hit it 1/6 times trying to break it where he did lol

That extra weight made that gun the sweetest feeling semi I’ve ever shot though.

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Sure wish there were spec's on the gun's barrel and action , I can see the rotating bolt ( not so good ) but what can be pushed down the barrel (payload) is
    a concern ? These marketing people write about showy features but what really makes them better , I guess , they haven't a clue ?
    Fluted barrel , give me a break !

Tuleman likes this.
  4. wildfowl4444

wildfowl4444 Elite Refuge Member

WAY overpriced for a 3" gun

Tuleman, Alldrakes and Sunklands like this.
  5. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

For that price they should have just reintroduced the old 720 and see if everyone wanting the old Auto 5 back would convert to a clone.

Mayes

Farm4wildlife and Sunklands like this.
  6. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

What does 3” have anything to do with it?

Personally I’d never shoot more than 3” and shoot plenty of 2.75” out of 3.5” guns. The capability of shooting 3.5” shells shouldn’t cost any more or less. That’s all marketing.

JP, mudhen and Mr.Bones like this.
  7. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

If I’m upland hunting, I’ll carry an upland gun.....which ain’t my main duck gun. Balance and swing is FAR more important than being a pound or more lighter, in a waterfowl gun, IMO. If I‘be got to walk more than a few hundred yards, to duck hunt, I’m hunting somewhere any 16 or 20ga will likely do just fine. I like an old, heavy Mag12 for a waterfowl gun, just fine. New waterfowl 12 gauges hold very little interest to me. Neither do hardly ANY light 12 gauges. I’d rather have a well balanced package, in the right gauge and weight for the job. One shotgun for everything has made zero sense to me, ever since the day I had more than one....like 30+ years ago. Even when I travel and can take only one gun....there’s a primary use, and then what else it’ll do for.

JP, mmayes, JFG and 2 others like this.
  8. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Senior Refuge Member

I like the look of it. Was thinking they brought out a gun to complete with the thousand dollar and under category. There alot of already proven guns in the price range there putting it at. Heck a thousand dollars can get you a proven gun.

Tuleman likes this.
  9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

It would be my dedicated waterfowl gun . Not upland etc. Don't care if it is ugly. Don't care about 8lbs. I Like the stock adjustments. Clever. Don't like the price ($1550 MSRP). that high for an unproven shotgun trying to be up there with the Biggies, but the market will adjust that. If no one wants them Savage can easily reduce the price to the dealers. The "lightning fast cyclic rate for dependably fast split times." sounds cool but I don't pull the trigger the second or third time in micro seconds after the last shot, maybe other guys are that good, but not me.

Close Shot, Tuleman and Mr.Bones like this.
  10. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

If weight is not an issue, get yourself a Jap Auto 5, 12 gauge mag. If weight is an issue get 16 or 20 gauge Jap Auto 5. Or you can try a Remington 1100 with screw in chokes, but I’d lean towards the former. You can still buy any these I’ve mentioned, get a better and cheaper gun, than all the other crap mentioned.

mmayes and Farm4wildlife like this.