SBE II vs SBE II American

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by tshuntin, Dec 8, 2011.

1. tshuntin

tshuntin Elite Refuge Member

Folks, what's the difference in the regular SBEII and the American SBEII? Both 3.5". All black versions? Cabelas has the American on sale for $899 right now vs way more for the regular. Is it cheaper parts, heavier, less features, what?

2. SBE II

SBE II Senior Refuge Member

comfort tech

3. shaner

shaner Senior Refuge Member

I wished the 3.5" had NEVER been invented. Biggest mistake in history for goose hunters. 90% of 3.5" owners will brag about their 75 yard kill shots.
    Goose education at it's finest.
    If you can't kill it with a 3", don't pull the trigger.

As far as your gun question, buy a Benelli M-1 in black and never look back!

4. brettb

brettb Senior Refuge Member

I don't think you can get a M-1 anymore, I think Benelli upgraded to the M-2. An incredible gun in the 20 ga.

I agree about the 3.5". I've shot maybe a box in 15 years of duck/goose shooting. Just wasting money.

Great deal on a SBE II, change the recoil pad and you basically have the original SBE II.

Brett

5. tshuntin

tshuntin Elite Refuge Member

Not in the market. Just curious what makes one $900 and one $1500.

Thanks guys.

6. shaner

shaner Senior Refuge Member

brettb,

I use my M-1 20 gauge on ducks and upland game, it is a pure joy to carry and shoot in the field. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

7. Extex

Extex Elite Refuge Member

I shoot an M-2 in 20 ga and wont go back :yes Gun is super light & runs like a dream once I broke it in. It does not like dirty ammo - winchester expert. Thats the only drawback I found when it was new. 20 ammo is cheaper and drylock #2's wacks anything I have shot straight at dead. Ducks, geese, Sandhills & I wouldn't hesitate to wack a turkey out to 40-50 yds with it. #4 hevi shot is bad but expensive mojo:tu The 12 still comes out every now and then but its getting to be less often. With the ammo we have now you dont need a 3 1/2 - just saying....