California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Science lost today............ Thanks CWA.

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Dan Mallia, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Arrieta

Arrieta Senior Refuge Member

I've had my run-ins with the CWA "Higher-Ups". I pray to God you are wrong, we don't need that from CWA. But my personal experiences cause me to fear that there is a possibility that you might be right.

:cry

2. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

There hiding in plain site with favoritism, scratch my back I’ll scratch yours,”donations “ don’t take a detective to see stuff .. get rid of all of them and start new . Some of these clowns have to much influence and to much at stake to be involved . Drain the swamp. How many employees have Lost jobs or been laid off for to COVID with cwa? Bet the board members haven’t taken a pay cut . I hope this latest 5 mallard recommendation gets people to pay more attn and start asking questions .

3. Huntsprig

Huntsprig Elite Refuge Member

And what's with the secret societies within CWA?
    Where is the transparency in the regulations and traditions and the public lands hunters committees.
    Why can't I find any announcements of these meetings on CWA website?
    Why do these committees appear to be packed with like minded individuals?
    Where are the minutes or videos of these meetings and if they exist why are they not easily accessible.
    Why all all the secrecy?

schmidtty and Tommyo like this.
  4. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

Wouldn’t it be grand if a federal agency Such as the FBI investigated this ? I’m sure they could find some stiff within to keep them buisy for a long time

5. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Nobody on CWA board is getting paid. Reality is for CWA, DU and others, the big donors and their donations provide the bulk of the funds. You go to a dinner and lots of money changes hands but most dinners 20 to 30% is left after paying for everything from venue to the good looking ticket ladies, to raffle prizes to food and drink. You can see it if you look at their financial statements. Big donors and habitat work allow them to make money to cover the overhead and dinners are cherry on top.

Where they failed is they didn't communicate with their membership, there is a problem with CA breeding duck population especially mallards due to a multiple factors. They tried to play cute and look like they were trying to help the CA mallards but it was a Trojan Horse and it got called out.

Boards change along with the Chairman and so I think as things become obvious trying on some fronts like Klamath and in the past were ignored. But the cold hard reality is that the hunting community does not have the resources to pay for the long term fixes to the problems facing CA duck hunters, unless some big donor wants to make a donation that is at least a $250 million dollars so you can fund initiatives for 10 years.

6. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Serious question here...

If y'all are deer hunting are you going to get right in the middle of every other deer hunter or are you going to find a little pocket of relative low pressure or an escape route and hunt that?

Deer are extremely hard to kill when pressured hard, it doesn't take much to get them to move to areas that aren't hunted due to factors such as steep terrain or access.

Mallards are pretty similar in the regard of pressure....

7. Hossdog

Hossdog Senior Refuge Member

Yep, and once they have created a new imprint in another non pressured area.......good luck getting them back.

Brottboss and Winchester 1897 like this.
  8. Dakillaofnada

Dakillaofnada Elite Refuge Member

Let’s not get mental on conspiracy theories guys. Let’s stick to figuring out this issue of mallard limits for now..

9. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

All the while this is going on DU reaches out to a group of California public land hunters for their help. Interesting times we are in I tell ya

Dakillaofnada, Tommyo and Dan Mallia like this.
  10. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

Start at the top with Carlson Jr. He`s got the stones the size of BB`s, not willing to step on any of F&W`s little toes, dosen`t want to rock the boat that holds his $200,000 salary.

Refugeguy likes this.