Scissors

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by sdkidaho, Sep 14, 2021 at 1:32 PM.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

[​IMG]

salthunter and 2WIDGN like this.
  2. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

It's hard to have one without the other and make any function. Not that we have any way of earning our salvation, but without evidence of a change in behavior from selfishness to selflessness our conversion might be suspect. In Ephesians Paul speaks about being created in Christ Jesus for good works. Doing for others, living a Godly life is a natural by product of being in Christ, we are not our own, we were bought with His blood.

I've described it by my experience in a taxidermy class I took in high school. We had a book written by a renowned taxidermist named Richard Schmidt. The teacher described it as the taxidermist's bible. It was a small paperback that I studied and memorized, I knew it cover to cover. Knowing everything in that book however didn't make me a taxidermist, even getting my taxidermist license didn't make me a taxidermist. It was not until I did the job of a taxidermist was I considered a taxidermist.

If we are part of the body of Christ we will naturally be about the will of God. You can't be a part of Christ and make no change in our lives and not exhibit and of the fruit of the Spirit.

salthunter and sno like this.