SCOTUS Elimination?

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I posted this subject on the "Duck Hunter Forum" and it was to be moved to the PAF, but I don't see it. SO, we will try it again: With the possibility of the SCOTUS overturning RvsW (which I really don't see happening) do y'all think the DemocRATS will try to either eliminate the SCOTUS OR try to load it up w/Left leaning Justices?
Also, IMO I'm afraid that the 2A is in peril if RvsW is overturned what do you people think? I'm just thinking out loud.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well, I posted this subject on the "Duck Hunter Forum" and it was to be moved to the PAF, but I don't see it. SO, we will try it again: With the possibility of the SCOTUS overturning RvsW (which I really don't see happening) do y'all think the DemocRATS will try to either eliminate the SCOTUS OR try to load it up w/Left leaning Justices?
Also, IMO I'm afraid that the 2A is in peril if RvsW is overturned what do you people think? I'm just thinking out loud.
Eliminating SCOTUS would require a major Constitutional amendment… not going to get 3/4 of the country on board with eliminating an entire branch of government!

They keep making noise about packing the court, but they have two problems with that plan: Manchin and Sinema. And deep down I think there are more than an handful of other Democrats from red or swing states who aren’t up for it. Plus, if the Dems pack the court today why wouldn’t the Republicans pack the court next time?

The 2A is written text in the Constitution; abortion is not. Yes, some future court could overrule Heller, although they’ll have a hard time getting around Scalia’s very sound opinion, but even then we’ll still have a 2A protecting the keeping and bearing of arms on some level. Plus, it’s a practical impossibility to ban guns in ths country with the number of them already in private hands.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, I was just 'wondering" out load & with some of the things going on it wouldn't surprise me what "they" would try to do (I'll call it arrogance).

The_Duck_Master

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see them use the leak as the impetus to pack the court. After all, the leak clearly demonstrates that it is out of control and not operating as an unbiased body, right? "It's clearly run amok and needs congress to change it in order to fix it."

yellowlab03

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t put it past them to make a bunch of noise about it. They’re all hat and no cowboy. Or, maybe more appropriate for them: all **** and no woman :flame

I might steal that one!

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
“All hat and no cattle” is the expression they use around here to express a big mouth luncheon counter Rexall Wrangler.

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If they don’t **** and moan at the top of their lungs the left will eat them alive. The last time a nationally known Dem really went hard against the Party (not talking Machin putting the brakes on) it was Jim Webb. He was essentially exiled from the party for all time.

Anyhow - this is gold in the coffers for the political war chests. However, I see this as a major misstep based on timing. Had they waited for it to drop as a published opinion is late June they could keep the party faithful fired up for 3-4 more months. The timing of this leak means that they need to keep this at the forefront for 6 months - and a lot can happen in that time included more bad economic news.

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Eliminating SCOTUS would require a major Constitutional amendment… not going to get 3/4 of the country on board with eliminating an entire branch of government!

They keep making noise about packing the court, but they have two problems with that plan: Manchin and Sinema. And deep down I think there are more than an handful of other Democrats from red or swing states who aren’t up for it. Plus, if the Dems pack the court today why wouldn’t the Republicans pack the court next time?

The 2A is written text in the Constitution; abortion is not. Yes, some future court could overrule Heller, although they’ll have a hard time getting around Scalia’s very sound opinion, but even then we’ll still have a 2A protecting the keeping and bearing of arms on some level. Plus, it’s a practical impossibility to ban guns in ths country with the number of them already in private hands.
Excellent points and very well stated. :tu