SDH Days AR Moderator Question

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t there an AR Moderator from Augusta, AR?

Ronnie (believe Swamphunter was name here) was from pretty close to Augusta.

rhpierce

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah...SwampHunter...he still lives in Gregory.

I used to gun the Cache with him, and he is about to start carving decoys again...I hope. Maybe...lol.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah...SwampHunter...he still lives in Gregory.

I used to gun the Cache with him, and he is about to start carving decoys again...I hope. Maybe...lol.

Give him my best. We hunted together several times before this forum was a glimmer in David's eyes.

rhpierce

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Give him my best. We hunted together several times before this forum was a glimmer in David's eyes.
I will. He slipped going down the ramp at his house, the tendon or ligament in his right ankle snapped and broke his fibula. He's in a boot now, but he can't quite put any weight on it to speak of...still crutches or a wheelchair.

You going to hunt in Arkansas this year at all? I would love to sit in a boat or blind and listen to stories all day...if not, would still buy you a beer or supper the next time you're through here...

You coming over for the Delta Waterfowl shindig in Little Rock this summer?

Edit - Yeah, there's not anyone like Ronnie for sure...some of the hunts with him were legendary. First time I ever went on the Cache with him, "hey, make sure you keep your hands inside the boat going through the trees...you might want to face backwards because of the limbs...honestly, you might just want to lay down in the bottom of the boat until we get there..."

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I will. He slipped going down the ramp at his house, the tendon or ligament in his right ankle snapped and broke his fibula. He's in a boot now, but he can't quite put any weight on it to speak of...still crutches or a wheelchair.

You going to hunt in Arkansas this year at all? I would love to sit in a boat or blind and listen to stories all day...if not, would still buy you a beer or supper the next time you're through here...

You coming over for the Delta Waterfowl shindig in Little Rock this summer?

Edit - Yeah, there's not anyone like Ronnie for sure...some of the hunts with him were legendary. First time I ever went on the Cache with him, "hey, make sure you keep your hands inside the boat going through the trees...you might want to face backwards because of the limbs...honestly, you might just want to lay down in the bottom of the boat until we get there..."

I haven’t bought an AR license in three years, but that doesn’t mean I won’t this coming season. What’s Delta have going on in Little Rock?

rhpierce

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I haven’t bought an AR license in three years, but that doesn’t mean I won’t this coming season. What’s Delta have going on in Little Rock?

Some big waterfowl festival. Pat Gregory is coming down from Illinois to do carving demos, Joey Jobes is coming from the east coast for the same, there will be calling, etc. End of July. Didn't know if you were going to be an exhibitor with any of the coastal restoration stuff or whatever you're into now...???