Sea Duck Reporting

BD1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
So a quick question. I bought all my licenses for bird hunting this past weekend...or so I think. Are they still issuing a sea duck harvest report card? I always get one just in case but the lady tried to tell me it was part of the waterfowl authorization??? I think she is wrong but she did not :) Can someone help me on this? I got my snow goose which is more important but just want to know.
Thanks
BD1

GoPackers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are supposed to issue Sea ducks, and Brant report cards as well as Snow Goose with the Waterfowl Authorization, but for some reason WDFW doesn't have either of them available yet. I've already made two additional trips into Sportsman's to check since mid-August, and you are correct the only report card available is Snow Goose.

Reactions: BD1

BD1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thank you...I was at Sportsmans in Everett...I appreciate the response

D3Smartie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Seaduck and Brant will be available Oct 1. there are some efforts in place to clean up old data from noncompliant seaduck cards and people that got cards with no intention of hunting seaducks. Trying to get better data which is the cause of the delay here.

Reactions: BD1

BD1

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
It is another term for a harvest report. You record each bird you take as you harvest them and then send the form in at the end of the season.

Ultimag

Refuge Member
Reaction score
It is another term for a harvest report. You record each bird you take as you harvest them and then send the form in at the end of the season

That's what I thought it was

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
More stupidity from WDFW, making things harder, more inconvenient and confusing for hunters. I swear the current staff at WDFW hates hunters.