A3076DA3-A0E5-4DD2-8AD0-DB3B2D83F224.png

Deadrise

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Very classy.

Little Ruddy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nice picture, that's exactly how I feel...exhausted.

RedDog

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This was one of my best seasons in several years. Gunning held up right to the end with plenty of birds all season long. Already shifting gear for spring gobbler. Watched 60-70 turkeys yesterday feeding behind the cabin. Bucks are starting to shed their antlers although a lot still have both sides. The cycle continues.

Hellbender

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I keep tabs on my old huntin' grounds back there. For the most part, my friends along the HAF did poor to just OK. I can't complain about ducks in the HAF. I sure killed a pile of them. Sad to see the decline in duck numbers though. On the left coast with a 100+ day season and a seven bird daily, I usually wait for the last three weeks of the season to hunt. Plenty of salmon to catch/smoke/can until then. The biggest difference this season I noticed was the pintail numbers. Usually there will be 10K by-passers in the mornings. This year about half that. Widgon are everywhere as usual and the big northern greenheads never arrive until it freezes. Plenty of teal if you want them, and divers with you want to fool with them (crab bait for me). I don't mess with the geese any more. Always good to read your reports. Glad I'm here but I really do miss a good Virginia dove shot...

seascritch

Reaction score
My season was a good one but epic hunt in cold snow and wind didn't materialize. Saw under 20 ducks and very few geese. Guess storm pushed them south. My buddy in NC whacked em. Oh well, a rabbit hunt or 2 then time to plant the garden and start fishing!

LEWDOG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We sure had way more Bluebird Days then I like and winter storms that destroyed blinds and ate up our western shorelines while pushing birds west. I took up catch and release hunting because of the stupid 1 goose limit when I see hundreds daily . I didn't waste my time to kill any of them . Ended up with a lot of great kill shots with my phone camera . After a break today I'm going bay to that type of hunting with no limits or laws to deal with while the hunting just got good .

Little Ruddy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Interesting, some had decent shoots others had no birds. Went on an out of state hunt for my first time, saw lot of ducks and geese and out of two days, we did great on the last day. Already got new ideas for next year. Did ok at home, so was satisfied with our hunting efforts. Give me a week And i will be ready to.go another 60 days.