Season Date Survey

nebgoosehunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just got the email for season date preferences for the 22/23 season. I know there was a ton of discussion this summer about the season dates and it did seem like most everyone on here wanted to see zone 2 go back to the way it was since we lost a week of season. Please go take the survey! A group of people obviously made enough noise last year to get zone 2 pushed back a week so maybe we can make enough noise to get it moved back again to the first Saturday in October how it always was. No sense in losing a whole week in the state and then having those days this time of year when the sandhills and basins will be normally froze. I did appreciate the question regarding North Central Goose opening on the Saturday of Zone 2 duck opener instead of Monday like this season.

Huntges11

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just got the email for season date preferences for the 22/23 season. I know there was a ton of discussion this summer about the season dates and it did seem like most everyone on here wanted to see zone 2 go back to the way it was since we lost a week of season. Please go take the survey! A group of people obviously made enough noise last year to get zone 2 pushed back a week so maybe we can make enough noise to get it moved back again to the first Saturday in October how it always was. No sense in losing a whole week in the state and then having those days this time of year when the sandhills and basins will be normally froze. I did appreciate the question regarding North Central Goose opening on the Saturday of Zone 2 duck opener instead of Monday like this season.

Where is the survey I couldn't find it on the NGPC webiste?

negooseman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got the email today also. Filled it out right then.

brentbullets

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine came early this morning and I completed it.

jzoo

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I overheard one of the Nebraska biologists telling a guy that he thinks after this springs count, we will be done with the liberal seasons and there's a possibility we could get to the restricted category. Anyone else hear anything like this?

brentbullets

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably will happen unless the PPR get major moisture for breeding season. That’s been the talk for a year or so. Biologists not sure of what is actually going on because COVID has limited there time in the field the last 2 years. Reported 30% drop in bird numbers but I am hearing it actually closer to 50% to 60%.

Now more than ever, shoot drakes if you can. I know things happen as we had 2 hens die due to collateral damage as 2 of us dropped 7 mallards out of one flock Saturday. Only 2 hens out of 2 limits.

jzoo

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Probably will happen unless the PPR get major moisture for breeding season. That’s been the talk for a year or so. Biologists not sure of what is actually going on because COVID has limited there time in the field the last 2 years. Reported 30% drop in bird numbers but I am hearing it actually closer to 50% to 60%.

Now more than ever, shoot drakes if you can. I know things happen as we had 2 hens die due to collateral damage as 2 of us dropped 7 mallards out of one flock Saturday. Only 2 hens out of 2 limits.

We didn't shoot a single hen this year. And that's the only positive stat I can come up with from this season :(