Shell shortage?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by WK2HNT, Jul 21, 2020.

1. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

Heard from a few reps to stock up on shells so I went to Rogers and called like I always do since they had the credit card problem awhile back. Actually stayed on hold a good 20 minutes while I continued to do other office work and finally went back to the website and started to order target, dove and some duck shells not that I was low but I like to stay ahead. Lots of the inventory was out. I’m sure it has something to do with current events and the Rogers employee told me that it’s the shipping from the suppliers that’s the problem. Any inside word on this?

2. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Yes it’s true . It has been going on since Feb-March . All calibers and bullets . The end of the world panic buyers are out in full force and the big companies cannot keep up and when they do , they focus on pumping out the main sellers dealers cannot keep on the shelves not so much the boutique rounds .

Luckily for shotgunners the price per shell has remained virtually the same as demand must not be strong .

Pistol and rifle calibers however , the prices have almost doubled and tripled per round . I was buying rifle ammo for 19-.21 cents per round now I see the same rounds .58 cents per round and up . 9mm Pistol ammo all day was .14-16 cents per round now your seeing .30 cents per round and up . Ballpark ..

mmayes and Dr Swane like this.
  3. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

I’ve heard about the pistol and rifle ammo price increases but not the shot shell. I’m thinking I might start hoarding more than I already am. Especially the sporting clay loads.

dog duck gun and OneShotBandit like this.
  4. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

The fact ~800 trucking companies have gone out of business in the past ~14 months might have something to do with it.

Tuleman likes this.
  5. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

i bought 2 cases of lead and 3 cases of steel last months sale. I heard our great state was raising the tax 50% on ammo. NOW U BOYS CAN EXPECT A REAL DROP IN PRICE, don't send thankyou cards

QuaaackerJack likes this.
  6. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

Seen prices creeping up from a lot of suppliers. Most gun dealers cannot keep home defense shotguns and simple 870's in stock. Enjoy it friends, because it's going to get worse.

ronaldo likes this.
  7. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Elite Refuge Member

Well at least there are many, many more people that value their right to bear arms! That is a positive!

...and thanks for the heads up. I just bought a case from Rogers.

Fowler267 likes this.
  8. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

By the way, buck shot and slugs are really in high demand from the scared public. Ammo manufacturers are empty.

9. Gander

Gander Elite Refuge Member

I'm not having a problem buying target loads. Prices for some brands have gone up, others are still the same.

10. oleww

oleww Senior Refuge Member