She's still got it.

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by magnumyammerhammer, Apr 12, 2021.

1. magnumyammerhammer

magnumyammerhammer Senior Refuge Member

What a miserable hunt yesterday afternoon. Drizzling rain and a northwest wind.
    Broke out the old SP-10 30" and decided to take her along. After shooting so many 2-3/4" 12's lately, stuffing the big OD green 1-3/4 oz. BB's in the gun seemed akin to loading a howitzer.
    It was a slow afternoon and only one snow goose came by, but he was lonesome and worked the dekes. It were some different when I brought the 12 pounds of Remington wood and steel to my shoulder for the shot.
    I was a little slow on the first shot, clearly missing behind the startled goose. Likewise, a second shot was a little bit too far in front, but one BB found the birds head. He stuck his wings out and spiraled down to the decoys, splashing down in the water with a satisfying plop. Best of all, there was hardly any noticeable recoil.
    Will I take her again? Just might. I got a pocket full of shells, and it's sorta like going on a date with an old flame. :sp:tu

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Fowler267, jamescd1 and NW BIRDHUNTER like this.
  2. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

Nice, can't beat the SP-10 for Geese and late season Northern Mallards.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.
  3. Close Shot

Close Shot Senior Refuge Member

I got me a turkey with mine this last week. I love the gun.

magnumyammerhammer likes this.