Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Shining your light for courtesy

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Aunt Betty, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Nope. Is not over.
    One day all them rafting lazy $#*&^ ducks will get a dose of stupifying weather and ill be there waiting with muh firestick.
    Might be this year or ...
    ;)

rhpierce likes this.
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Where you is? I didn’t see that setup when I was ninjain’ through spreads in Tulsa this morning.

3. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Louisiana :nutz

4. Arkansas Fowler

Arkansas Fowler Senior Refuge Member

I want them far enough away when I finish my thermos of coffee and whizz that they say dang that sounded like a cow pissing on a flat rock .

5. Arkansas Fowler

I deal with that every year ! What’s worst is you start shooting and their duck calling gets closer and closer then you can smell them and hear their heart beat . The next day you ain’t out g to beat them to that hole regardless if you run the 4oclock 500 !

6. Arkansas Fowler

That’s why I’m selective on when to shoot and then If it’s a barn burner it’s time to go hole hunting again .

7. Arkansas Fowler

What makes you say that ?

8. Aunt Betty

Yes please explain how using off road lighting used off road is not legal.
    Here is evidence of use with TWO GAME WARDENS PRESENT.

The gw was telling people when to launch..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  9. LAquacker

LAquacker Refuge Member

I would hate for this to happen to me but I would love to do it to someone else that made me mad and deserved it. Had it happen to me when we did nothing wrong.

Still early and plenty of time to go to B C or D at 4:00 am and had a group setup 75 yards away from us after we beat them to the hole fair and square. Their runner missed the point and when he realized it, the punk still walked towards our hole and tried to shine our runner off that was in the hole. They argued for about 5 minutes and they finally backed off about 75 yards away. Never called or anything but any group that we tried to work they fired a shot to ward them off. 6+ guys and a dog sat there for 4.5 hours just to shoot off ducks and keep us from hunting because they were beat fair and square. Hardly any birds and we left by 8:30am. They cleared out about 15 minutes before we did. Stayed long enough to keep us from killing anything and to make sure there was not any good hunting anyway.
    Blows my mind.

10. Aunt Betty

Hunted for ten years on wma's and never once has anything even remotely like that happened.

If fact nobody has ever challenged me on a hole except once on opening day where obvious lawlessness occurred. Thats when you run because they already broke laws and you caught them. They entered the wma prior to 4 am.
    The crew the runners were running for was the craziest thing ive ever seen. It was like an entire sporting goods store of gadgetry showed up times 3. They tore em up. Feathers everywhere.
    I got shafted big time.

Pirogue likes this.