Shopping on line they want a Tip????

mak2782

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
When I get good service at a sit down I tip 20% no problem. When it's over the top service 30%. I'm not tipping a robot from a on line store a dam nickel.
All of my 9 kids and stepkids worked in food service I understand what a tip means.
Same! Agree 100% and I was in food service for a while too.

delta greenheads

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If they ain't filling my water glass then they ain't getting tipped. This generation has lost the freaking minds.
Yep that’s where I’m at also tired of these lazy people just figuring u own then that money not with me u work u get tipped u lazy might just get stiffed sorry but I worked hard for my money and so should they

Let Em Work

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yep, the tipping thing is out of control. The other scheme is when you're making a purchase in some stores and paying by ATM and it asks you if you want to "round up" your purchase.

LetEmWork

Swampfoot

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I tip at least 25% to anyone who brings food to a table for me, unless.....the order is wrong or they completely ignore us (very few and far between), but even then it is 15%......you have to be in MAJOR need of $$ to want to serve peoples tables....98% are beyond rude.......cut them some slack.
You realize how much cash some waiters and bartenders make? That said I tip well when people provide good service. I won't tip a barista.

Timber Hole

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the biz owners arent skimming the CC tips also lives in a dreamland.
The one that gets me is when I spent $8.74 and they ask whether I want to round up to $9.00 for charity. That’s a big nope cause I figure some greedy corporate puke has figured out how to keep 90% of the donations. Said another way, they have figured out a way to make me feel like an azzhole for 26 cents!

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse this Out of Stater for invading your thread, but I just had this conversation with a co worker....
I took my son to lunch at a sit down restaurant this summer. You order at the front counter and pay there, too.
When I swiped my card, it asked if I wanted to tip 15%, 20% or whatever the next increment was....um, I haven't even sat down yet, much less eaten and definitely haven't had any experience with my server. How the hell do I know what I want to tip prior to eating?!

Squaller

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I always give a tip... I might tell them to be nicer, or to try and work harder... Some kind of tip or advice that will help help them in life...:nutz

I am still old school... I go out to eat, and feel no obligation to tip, unless I get reasonable service... Good service gets tipped more. Had some awful service and I still tip... 2¢. That way they know I did not forget.

On my way to go hunting I hit a sandwich shop just as they were closing... Employee could have said no, but instead, pulled all the stuff back out, and made my food with a smile... That was worthy of a good tip.

bozeman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You realize how much cash some waiters and bartenders make? That said I tip well when people provide good service. I won't tip a barista.
Ummmm, do you realize how much cash some waiters don’t make? Until you have walked a mile in their shoes (I have), it’s hard for some to understand.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We tip well for sit down service. We tip zero for counter service...BECAUSE IT'S FORKING COUNTER SERVICE!!! What the hell would I be tipping for? Putting my food in a bag and handing it to me? Making the coffee you just charged me for? Yeah, it's out of control....but you don't have to play.