• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

HONKSRWORKN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why Not … Who’s to say … It’s up to the guy that killed dapper Mr Hollywood … It’s not in 100% full plume but close enough that most won’t know any different … it’s good enough … I’ve seen many that didn’t come close to looking that good on the wall .. Totally up to you ..your dime err 200.00 … but who cares what others think .. your bird , if you like it get it mounted and tell people to jump in a lake if they dont like it …
First duck I ever had mounted way back when …was none other than a drake Hollywood spoon .... I was in 6th or 7th grade didn’t know what it was just thought it had cool colors .. buddys dad mounted it and he was pretty good for back then … looked great till college yrs and don’t have a clue what happens to that Hollywood
.. haven’t mounted many for guys …. Just a couple … but I’ve always wanted to do one with a Mallard drake bill … mess with people and .. call it a hybrid Hollywood transgendered mess …

Duck_Slayer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Here is mine

Attachments

• Shoveler3.jpg
    Shoveler3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 123

Wild Rice

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
My advice is to wait for one like Mr. Slayer displayed in the previous post. In a couple of years your bird will look even less impressive.
I have several birds I wish I would not have mounted.

DisplacedDuck

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I mounted the last mallard drake of my first ever limit. I also mounted my first even greater Canada goose.

Sometimes, the reason to get a bird mounted has just as much to do with the story, as it does the specimen.

If you wanted to get it mounted, it'd be fine one.

Rudder

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We have late season spoons here in Maryland, so I'm sure you have good ones there at the season's end too. But as others have said...if that particular bird is special then go for it.

Attachments

• 2021 spoons.jpg
    2021 spoons.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 20