Show me your snake

Rick Hall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Until I see pics of one in limbs I'm standing by my assessment that they don't leave the ground!

Might of missed this little gem in a button willow earlier in the thread:
1655888729381.png

(I probably would have had I not been stung by a wasp stepping onto a blind's dog stand and subsequently shown a light not just in the bottom of the blind but shoulder height in bushes around it.)

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Might of missed this little gem in a button willow earlier in the thread:
View attachment 345763

(I probably would have had I not been stung by a wasp stepping onto a blind's dog stand and subsequently shown a light not just in the bottom of the blind but shoulder height in bushes around it.)
No I saw it. Just looked like leaf litter in a swamp to me didn't know it was in a tree.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cool, but a whole lot more people die from exposure/hypothermia than snake bite. From the CDC "Each year, an estimated 7,000–8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the United States, and about 5 of those people die."

"Each year, more than 100,000 people die from cold in the United States."
"There are about 20,000 hypothermia--related deaths a year in Britain, about 25,000--in the USA, 8,000 deaths a year in Canada."

Just checked, and it appears the high estimate from heat related deaths is 1300 annually, five from venomous snake bite and one from alligator attack. So, science says folks who prefer a cold climate are self-loathing and ignore statistics.

The science says southerners are gullible and bad at math. It's a deadly combination.
Heat waves promote power grid failures, excess drinking, irrational thought, riots, looting and violent crime. Not much you can do if the heat is excessive and the AC don't work. Stay away from water... you will be drunk and may drown.

I've seen Star Wars and The Revenant. If I am exposed and cold I just need to murder a large mammal, disembowel it and snuggle up inside.

Trust the science.

Last edited:

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
"There are about 20,000 hypothermia--related deaths a year in Britain, about 25,000--in the USA, 8,000 deaths a year in Canada."

The science says southerners are gullible and bad at math. It's a deadly combination.
Heat waves promote power grid failures, excess drinking, irrational thought, riots, looting and violent crime. Not much you can do if the heat is excessive and the AC don't work. Stay away from water... you will be drunk and may drown.

I've seen Star Wars and The Revenant. If I am exposed and cold I just need to murder a large mammal, disembowel it and snuggle up inside.

But I didn’t do the math. Hell, use your figure limited to hypothermia and add deaths via shark attack to mine. Do that, multiply it by ten and hot weather is still safer than cold weather.

AC is certainly pleasant, but folks got along just fine without it. I do however support the disemboweled large mammal heat retention technique.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
But I didn’t do the math. Hell, use your figure limited to hypothermia and add deaths via shark attack to mine. Do that, multiply it by ten and hot weather is still safer than cold weather.

AC is certainly pleasant, but folks got along just fine without it. I do however support the disemboweled large mammal heat retention technique.
I'll see your shark attack and raise you malaria, west nile, lyme disease, africanized honey bees, murder hornets and black widow spiders.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'll see your shark attack and raise you malaria, west nile, lyme disease, africanized honey bees, murder hornets and black widow spiders.
LOL, I’ve never known a malaria victim who caught it in the US. Only guy I personally know who had west Nile is from IL. Lyme started in Connecticut. Fear of Africanized bees is so 70s. Are murder hornets still a thing? Last I heard they were in the Pacific NW and B.C. Black widow bites hurt, but usually are no worse than a wasp sting. Brown recluse are the ones to worry about. That said, I was bitten by one Saturday while washing our golf cart, and all it did was get a little red. Didn’t even swell up.

Now, if you want to talk alpha gal, that stuff scares me.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
LOL, I’ve never known a malaria victim who caught it in the US. Only guy I personally know who had west Nile is from IL. Lyme started in Connecticut. Fear of Africanized bees is so 70s. Are murder hornets still a thing? Last I heard they were in the Pacific NW and B.C. Black widow bites hurt, but usually are no worse than a wasp sting. Brown recluse are the ones to worry about. That said, I was bitten by one Saturday while washing our golf cart, and all it did was get a little red. Didn’t even swell up.

Now, if you want to talk alpha gal, that stuff scares me.

Would scare me too, but I live where it's cold. Cold and safe :tu

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Would scare me too, but I live where it's cold. Cold and safe :tu

Except you’re more at risk from your local extremes than I am from mine. That said, I enjoyed winter back when we got a few months of it.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's not what the science says :no

Uh, yes it is. A person in North America is more likely to die due to cold than heat. Throw in venomous snakes, which started this conversation, and cold is still way ahead. Go ahead and add in alligators and sharks, multiply by ten, and I'm still less likely to die due to the extremes which go along with heat.