Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Side by Side UTV Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Cliner, Apr 13, 2020.

1. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

The was a pretty good review of the Roxor in last month's American Hunter magazine.

JP and tcc like this.
  2. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Senior Refuge Member

Those Roxors look cool, and apparently still have a lot of the old Jeep CJ engineering involved since they were produced under license by Mahindra for years. Only iffy thing looks like the weight... about 2X the other options already mentioned.

3. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

And, mine...

[​IMG]

4. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Yeah they are quite heavy which likely means it's quite robust but could certainly be an issue depending on use.

5. jjgoose

jjgoose Senior Refuge Member

BIL bought a Pioneer either last year or the year before. I dont use it much, but in the amount of time I have, I would not hesitate to recommend one. The price tag on his seemed pretty steep, but its a nice machine.

6. Juan De

Juan De Senior Refuge Member

I have been looking at the kubota’s myself. I have not meet anyone that has had a bad experience with one.

7. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Farmer friend has a Kubota diesel and has no complaints but I think the OP was wanting seating for 4.

9. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I like my Polaris Ranger - just out of factory the strator wire was loose so wouldn't charge battery and then at 2 years starter solenid went out. Nothing much, I like my Ranger a lot, I just think in mud we run having the Honda transmission would be nice but when I looked price wise didn't make sense. Only other thing I wish ranger did was have better under frame covering as run lots of mud and it is a pain to clean. Going to try and remedy that this summer with underbody kit

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Sounds exactly like my brother and his buddies; to say they abuse stuff is an understatement. They'll go buy a brand new $20k rig, spend several thousand more on mods, then go tear it up as soon as they can make it to the woods. Thousands in damage over a weekend of riding is just par for the course.
    Of course most are young single oil field hands making good money; they seem to fade out as they get older or married.