Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Silicone rings, Qalo or other?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by SkolMNDuckHunter, Jun 10, 2019.

1. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

Coming up on anniversary number 4 in 10 days. I haven't lost my ring, but I've had a number of close calls, especially in cold water when my finger shrinks a little in the fall/winter. I work outside in lakes and streams, lift most days after work, and obviously duck hunt.
    My wife and I are looking at getting some Qalo rings as a little anniversary gift to each other, but I have no experience with any of them. I'm looking for reviews or just suggestions from people that love or hate certain brands or models. Thanks for any input!:D

2. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

I have an enso ring. Quality is fine for what it is but I am not a fan. I just leave it off. Feels like a rubber band on my finger. I already exchanged it for a bigger size. Their sizing is whacked. My real ring is an 8.5 and it fits fine. My 8 enso was way small. Got a 9 enso and still feels tight. Would not buy silicone again.

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Silicone is the only way to go.

4. SkolMNDuckHunter

Thanks for the reply. Do you think's it's a brand issue, or silicone ring issue? My second knuckle is much fatter than the base of my finger, which is the main reason my real ring fits so loose. I'm hoping anything I can squeeze over my knuckle won't be too tight on the base of my finger

5. SkolMNDuckHunter

Any particular brand or model you like best??

6. darkvibe

darkvibe Senior Refuge Member

Never tried another brand but my best guess is that not having half sizes is the main issue for me. If I went bigger I would be in a size 10. Doubt that would fit.

7. buck_master_2001

The cheapies from
    Amazon. Find one you like and roll with it.

8. SkolMNDuckHunter

The Qalo models are currently on sale from $12-20. I'd like to try something that many people like and seems to be comfortable and durable for most. Thanks for the recommendations though! I'm glad to hear you like silicone rings in general.

9. speckinator

speckinator Senior Refuge Member

I bought one of those cheapie titanium rings. Think I paid 30 bucks for it a few years ago. I wear a 10.5 but like said above I have come close to losing it in the mud a few times during the winter months. Don’t think I’d wear one of the rubber band rings.

10. buck_master_2001

I liked these. Cheap too. 329E6A25-B497-44B1-807F-12AD92D2FFD7.png