Silos???

Big AL1

Senior Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
Correct on snows working in vertically, however if you are set up say a mile from the roost, they are never going to get "that high" on the approach. Therefore the visibility of silhouettes without going skinny works much better! Migrators however would require more of a 3D decoy. You can still have the silo's deployed with socks, and FB's. Eventually they will be able to see the "silo's" full on...

Drundel

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got 1 dozen right now. Sort of for that reason. The main thing I wanted them for was to be able to set your gun on them if laying out in the middle so our guns aren’t just lieing around everywhere on the ground.
I've seen guys break the decoy so be careful.

I'm not sure why they aren't more popular, but SilloSocks used to sell a gun stake like below and now Hardcore sells one; I saw DB copied SRB.

I've been using something like that since I first went to Canada in 2005.

In a pinch, a cheap catfish rod holder works too.

snipe n

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Check out the dollar store near you and you can get a gun rest for a buck. Looks like the exact thing meant to hold flower pots. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

BIGFOOT56

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I saw the dive bomb guys hammer them on just a silo spread, They work.

BIGFOOT56

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
How does anyone know what a goose sees ??? I know they will land in silos thats all I need to know. so they must see them.

wtrfwlr43

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
No, it was after getting my gun dirty on a hunt a couple weeks ago. Don't know why I didn't buy them years ago after sitting on the ground snow goose hunting.
Did you use the 1 rest or 2 rest? I figure a dry field 1, wet 2?

Last edited: