Site specific regulations are out.

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by rism, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Call...the...site (s) you....plan...on...hunting...before....heading....there.

It will save you frustration and grief. Dont assume anything.

Jerry, stevena198301 and TEAM_US like this.
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Il. MudDuk likes this.
  3. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Got a call from Rice Lake today confirming that the new posting on IDNR's website is correct for how they're going to run things this season, with the exception that youth hunting this weekend will be like the original posting. In other words, if you're a blind builder wishing to claim your blind this weekend for some kids to hunt it, you must claim it by 5am! The entrance to Rice Lake check station will be split into two lanes with signs directing the stand by hunters to the left (will be lined up thru the camp ground) and the blind builders to the right. Everyone will be required to stay in their vehicles. The right lane will take you counterclockwise thru the parking lot putting your passenger side at the check station door. The site worker will come to the vehicle with your cards to be filled out. Masks must be worn during the exchange of cards and then you must leave the premise or remain in your vehicle till time to hunt. The kids are not required to be present at the time of claiming blind. Actually they said they'd prefer no extra bodies present. There will be no gifts for the kids this year. I was told to share the info as I've posted it here.

All that being said, I can't see how this is going to work out for the guys hunting on Rice Lake. It's going to be an all out fluster cluck in that parking lot, especially at the ramp. I do see why it needs to be done though. All we need is for some of the camera toting bird watchers to catch the hunters congregating to ruin our whole season. Pissed off about it or not, we need to act responsibly and just get thru this without ruining it.

4. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Thank you.

5. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

AND MAY THE LORD HELP US as the state has no clue.
    And to think for the state to get this year to go right they have to go to a lowly state worker who name is Mud.:):dv........:D

riverrat47 and Il. MudDuk like this.
  6. 30# MERGANSER

30# MERGANSER Senior Refuge Member

I really don't see why we waterfowlers have to jump through hoops when they have been holding fishing tourniments all summer with no special rules A couple weeks ago there were several hundred kiaykes at sangcriss and they filled both boat docks .....just saying

7. Gadwall King

Gadwall King Senior Refuge Member

They are putting on a show for J.B. They have to bow to the master. Someone at a desk that has no clue about how things work in life made up all these b.s. rules and he thinks he is God’s gift to the world.

8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

about two out of every three members here is a state employee.

9. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

gentlemen not to start a fuss but i feel our site boys have come up with workable plans to keep us hunting. my hope is they got the word out to the birds to come back east. 9 more days 65 season and it just as exciting it brings a lot of memories of lost friends and family who would be proud of the stare workers for just one more mallard drake cupped up

10. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

And ...io_O just don't know about this state anymore.