Sitka Waders - Season 2

GoPackers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Three days into this new season the left boot at the neoprene cuff on my Sitka waders began leaking, just like the right boot did last December. The good news is they turned around the warranty repair in half the time it took last December....2 1/2 weeks vs. 5 weeks. I asked the customer service rep about the rate of incidence of leaks at the neoprene cuff, and he said it wasn't any higher than rates of incidence for other repair areas. I'll keep you all posted as to any further issues for waders that cost the amount of a giant decoy spread!

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Never buy boot foot waders. No company can build them leak proof long term.

Spencer5100

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have had mine since last December and they have been flawless so far. That being said I seem to be able to make waders last longer than the average guy who claims they can't get more than a season out of them. Not sure if people are lying about how long it takes for them to destroy waders because they think it makes them look hardcore or what. I always used to get 3+ years out of my neoprenes.

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My Sitka Duck Oven jacket busted a zipper. Sent it in for warranty. They quickly returned a brand new jacket to me. (I'd been expecting a repair). It's nice to see a company really stand behind their warranty.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
2 warranty repairs in less than a year? Great quality and worth every penny, right? :l :l :l

Thanks for the heads up on what not to buy to replace the crappy, leaky, Cabelas and Rogers waders that have both leaked since the first month I had them.

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Had a pair of guide weight Caddis breathables. Used them for 2 summers of fishing at about 20 days/month and 2 seasons of duck hunting at about 30 days/season. Took all that time before the neoprene booties started to seep. Got those on sale for $65. Last weekend I bought another pair. No sale though. :l No intention of paying a grand for waders. 2-5 weeks repair turn around means you still have to have a back up pair.