Skipping school

salthunter

Reaction score
I came across a 12 year old post of mine . We should be having a skipping school thread every year
Pull your kids and take them hunting.

1650833731356.jpeg

salthunter

Reaction score
https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/skipping-school-to-go-hunting.821936/

Some days our daughters skipped.. I posted a pic of my youngest with her thumb down , while in the blind hunting with a rivalry highschool in the back ground .
Daughter just made a clean 425 yard shot on an antelope We were both skipping that day.
1650834188094.jpeg

Ive mostly been lucky as a teacher, I had good Principals that coordinated some of my hunting trips.

While teaching in northern Utah we consisted of small town rural kids and ranch/outfitters. The Principal just hated opening day of deer season on a school day and wanted to punish all that were going to be absent( including teachers) the first week of deer season. .

One of those last day of the season hunts Always a good shoot
We all took the day off from school,, There is a highschool in the background in this hunt too.

1650835735657.png

Attachments

• 1650834457433.jpeg
    1650834457433.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Didn’t need a parent to help me skip, had some good buddies that always celebrated my birthday with a skip day ( which often coincided with the white bass run)

By the time my kids were in school we had weeklong fall and spring breaks so those usually solved the need for skipping

Shirleyshusband

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A lot of the schools in Northern Wisconsin used to close for deer hunting (Thanksgiving week). Most of the others just planned on a lot of absences.

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah. When I started hunting, skipping school was a no-go.
By about 7th grade, the parents realized I took school pretty seriously so I merited getting yanked out of school for a couple days to duck hunt on Back Bay, which is now part of Virginia Beach. Nobody at school really knew here I was, just someplace with a parent. I just last year told my two best friends from junior high that I was duck hunting those days.
My father would come get me at school when school was closing early for snow to duck hunt.......
I'm sure I skipped a class or two in college to duck and rabbit hunt. I for sure skipped three days in Fall of senior year to catch the early duck season. We had hay on the ground that week that year, so we hunted in the AM and afternoon and got up hay in the middle of the day.