Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Skyfly decoys?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Mean Gene, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Anybody use their newer wind socks? I ordered a sample pack of 6 of them (2 each adults/juvies/blues) so I could see first hand how good/bad they are. Looks like great detail and price, but you never know until you see them I suppose. Thanks.

2. Mean Gene

Oops, never mind, I see some threads on them. Guess I should have "read the directions" first. :l:l

3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Since you already made the thread, I personally think there the best sock on the market and price wise can't be beat. If I was to switch it'd be to divebombs. If you're interested in making an order shoot me a PM.

bird junkie likes this.
  4. Mean Gene

I have a 6 sock sample pack coming from them (Skyfly) so I can see them in hand and set them up in a breeze/wind to see what they look like.

5. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

I dont know how "new" the ones we used last year are but a buddy bought 100 dozen and had them out a few days when one of those major blows came through our area. I think we had sustained winds at 30 for most of the day and gust to 50. Out of 100 dozen, I am guessing maybe 3 or 4 of the bags blew out. Other than that, they held together great even with about 10 dozen of them taking a trip across the field!

Mean Gene likes this.
  6. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

7. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

I just bought 20 dozen they had on sale for 10% off that I didn't need. They're nice, killed birds with them no problem. Half the price of White Rocks and just as good or better. Order some you won't be disappointed.

Empty Skies likes this.
  8. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

I've been told the newer ones have better paint. Unfortunately I've been out in the shop today throwing all of my Skyfly blues away because they are in fact as blue as the sky. Noticed a couple of grommets that were actually broken too. Grommets look pretty thin but again they might be better on new ones

9. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

How old are your blues?

10. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Can't remember honestly. 4 or 5 years? Have the receipt on a different laptop