Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Skyfly decoys?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Mean Gene, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Gotcha, they probably aren't the same as the ones now. They went through a couple different patterns before they got to the one they have out now which is an excellent blue.

2. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

My sample pack came a few days ago and they look awesome. When I can I'll set them up and get a couple pictures to post. LOTS of details in the birds.

3. Rute3

Rute3 Senior Refuge Member

As far as socks are concerned it's my opinion that there isn't a better one on the market....

4. chasin mallards

chasin mallards Senior Refuge Member

I just received 10 dozen today I ordered the other day from SkyFly. I only had White Rocks before. My initial opinion of them so far is positive. The stakes are 2" longer and a larger diameter and the sock itself if larger than WR.

5. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Went to the park and set up the sample pack of Skyfly wind sock decoys to see what they looked like out in the field. Wasn't as much wind as I'd hoped for, maybe 5-10 mph, but they filled out even in that and moved well . Excellent looking decoys in hand and in the field. I also like that the backbone locks in both the up and the down position. They sent one head: It's rubber and attaches to the push stake via push in studs. The Tyvek is also good and strong. I think they are an excellent choice and these are what I'll be building my spread with.

Videos my not be the best quality, but you can at least see how easy they move in a light wind.

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

6. Decoyin Drake

Decoyin Drake Senior Refuge Member

Well my blues from last Jan showed up with light blue and yellow in print. i bought a few dozen to try as I've had some shows for several years. Contacted them asked how many did told them and blew me off after multiple follow up attempts in my part Never again!!

7. Juvie Juke Box

Shoot me a message with exactly what your describing, name, order date etc. I'm sure I can get it fixed for you.

8. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Good to know. I have some gen 1 blues, look great, but when they get wet the color bleeds out. Wayne sent me some replacements, the color doesn't run when wet, but I think they are too dark. Glad to know the new ones are better.

9. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Added 40dz skyflys to test this spring. We plan on running a permanent spread with a mix of skyflys, deadlies, and rocks. Kansas wind, rain, and mud will definitely let us know who the winner is.

Mean Gene likes this.
  10. Juvie Juke Box

It's going to be one muddy spring that's for sure. I imagine that pasture spreads will increase ten fold, guys wont want to deal with the mud or even with a quad or ranger wont be able to access some fields unless their tracked units. Eastern South Dakota is a mess.

Fisherkid1 likes this.