Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Skynyrd

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Feb 5, 2019.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

So Skynyrd is having their last show ever in my backyard, Orange Beach AL .
    That’s right, the last show of the Farewell Tour. Of Skynyrd.

It’s september 28th in orange beach, AL if any y’all wanna go with me. I’m sure the tickets are sky high but I don’t think I could live with myself if I didn’t go.

JP, callinfowl, stevena198301 and 2 others like this.
  2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Sorry, but Skynyrd died a long time ago.

3. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

Is there even one actual member of the original band still playing? Not friends, and/or family, actual original band members?

4. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Man, I’d love to go. I’m unable to, however. Thanks for the invite.

5. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

6. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

In 1973, my cousin ran the road crew for The WHO and a few other bands. The WHO was on tour and playing at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. But the concert had been sold out for months. My cousin called me and basically sneaked my and my gal in through the back stage and told us to go pick out our seats. Band members of the WHO and Lynyrd Skynyrd were milling about. We were supposed to meet up with him back stage after the concert to go "party" with the band members...but I chickened out. That was the night that Keith Moon (drummer for the WHO) basically OD'd onstage and they had to recruit a drummer from the audience. Don't get me wrong, the WHO were fantastic even without Moon. But, when Lynyrd Skynyrd started really getting into "Freebird"....I thought I was in a 7.0 earthquake. I actually thought the building was going to collapse. My cousin called me the next day to find out what happened to me and if I liked the WHO concert. I told him that the WHO put on a good concert, but that band Lynyrd Skynyrd blew them out of the water. He said, "NO way...they're just a garage band." I said, "Well...we'll see." I am pretty sure I was right, because the band's popularity across the nation exploded after that night.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    TheDuckSlayer, callinfowl and Vammy like this.
  7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Heard about it this morning on the radio. They added like 27 more shows. Are the prices posted yet? I might be down. May have my dub shoot the weekend before.

8. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Worked in radio in Memphis from '74 to '79. Skynyrd was big during those days. Saw them at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis in '74. They blew it away.

The most recent Skynyrd band isn't half bad. Donny VanZant, brother of Ronny (RIP) does a good job on lead singing.

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  9. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Last year really.

10. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Go, even though they are all gone now ( I think) they the band still sounds really good.
    My wife took me to see them last yr maybe it was two yrs ago in Reno NV we had a blast. I ended up running into two old roommates neither of us knew the others were going to be there. Talk about a party, holy cow my liver hurts just thinking about it, plus I won $2500 on a $1 slot three :flame7 7 7 after the show. I had to carry my wife over my shoulder back to the room, I warned her that she shouldn't try to keep up with the boys. (my wife is tiny)
    She was drinking her wine and my friends and me were pounding boilermakers like they were Natty Lites, just like the old days. I was too sick to drive home the next day and I could hardly walk from carrying my woman back to the room. So we ended up staying two more nights because they comped us a room.
    I guess they thought I was a big spender or something. :l

Go, you will have fun plus the women at Skynyrd shows have to be some of the hottest women I've ever seen at a show and I've been to a crap load of them.:yes

Duck_Hunter_TX and TheDuckSlayer like this.