Smoked goose breast with horseradish sauce

The Other David

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Made some with cream cheese. Couldn't find a blender so I cut it into tiny cubes, used a hand mixer. Added a bit of chopped garlic and some capers. It's delicious!

The Other David

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
TOD, if you recall you turned me on to that smoked goose and horseradish sauce about 22 years ago when I visited your place. While I have gotten kind of lazy and send everything to the grind now, for several years I did nothing else with my gooze breasts based on your brown sugar based brine. I did end up adding bourbon, orange juice, and maple syrup later on when I started getting sexy with it! Horseradish sauce a constant!
So glad to hear that! I will try with your ingredients!

How are you getting along? Still working or retired now? Jane and I retired just in time for COVID. Can't really say we are having a lot of fun!

Last edited:

Marshbum

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So glad to hear that! I will try with your ingredients!

How are you getting along? Still working or retired now? Jane and I retired just in time for COVID. Can't really say we are having a lot of fun!
Good deal and you deserve it. Me, retired from the uniform job in 2010 after 23. Still working for the same "company" getting ready to cross the 35 mark if you can believe that!